Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL) is a cutting-edge Contract Research Organisation (CRO), providing research, analysis and consultancy to the food and pharmaceutical sectors. Whether we are creating new products, validating medicines or solving investigations, we take pride in being a leader in our field, serving clients from across 60 countries.
In 2019, we’ve been recognised as Enlightened Employer, Women in Business and Thames Valley Tech finalists.
Enriched by our parent company Mondelēz International, our diverse team includes 23 nationalities from 300 members, creating a family feel as we strive towards our mission of “Science Enhancing Lives”.
About the team
Pharmaceutical Wet Chemistry is a pivotal team in RSSL: with exponentially increasing client demand, it’s our biggest area of expansion growing 30% from September 2018 to September 2019. Joining this team will allow you to do truly vital work analysing medicines so they can reach patients that need them. You’ll have opportunity to gain new technical and leadership skills as the laboratory continues going from strength to strength.
Purpose of the role
A Pharmaceutical Analyst executes hands-on wet chemistry analyses such as UV, FTIR, titrations and gravimetric techniques.
You’ll ensure routine and complex pharmaceutical projects are performed promptly and to GMP standards, performing practical bench-work and data checking for routine analyses of pharmaceutical raw materials using wet chemistry techniques in accordance with pharmacopoeia or client methods. As required you’ll work with clients to provide technical input into project discussions.
Please note this role can be worked with a shift pattern of 6 AM – 2 PM or 1 PM to 9 PM. Additional payment is given to individuals who work these shifts instead of the standard 9 AM – 5 PM shift.
• Perform routine analysis using wet chemistry techniques
• Provide technical direction to the business.
• Supervise staff in routine activities and methods.
• Ensure effective organisation, integrity of analytical data and provision of results.
• Perform data checking and provide interpretation of results for routine testing.
• Work to the highest standards of safety and quality by ensuring that appropriate COSHHs, risk assessments and SOPs are understood and followed.
• To complete assigned quality actions in a timely manner, including review and approval and thoroughly investigate atypical / OOS results.
• Write and approve SOPs and Test Methods.
• Generation and approval of Risk Assessments and COSHH.
• Understand and provide technical regulatory leadership in client audits.
• To maintain a clean, tidy and safe working environment.
• To understand and work to the requirements of GMP.
• Ensure training records are accurate.
• Experience of using wet chemistry techniques in any setting (eg in academia or as a technician).
• Chemistry (or related) degree or equivalent laboratory experience.
• Communication skills to develop good working relationships with internal and external clients.
• English fluency.
• Pharmaceutical industry knowledge.
• Knowledge GMP systems.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful international business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.
To apply for this role, please click here: https://mondelez.taleo.net/careersection/mdlz_global_external/jobdetail....
To view all our vacancies please click here: https://www.rssl.com/careers/current-vacancies