Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL) is a cutting-edge Contract Research Organisation (CRO), providing research, analysis and consultancy to the food and pharmaceutical sectors. Whether we are creating new products, validating medicines or solving investigations, we take pride in being a leader in our field, serving clients from across 60 countries.
In 2019, we’ve been recognised as Enlightened Employer, Women in Business and Thames Valley Tech finalists and in 2018 one of our family earned the Food & Drink Federation’s Scientist of the Year. Enriched by our parent company Mondelēz International, our diverse team includes 23 nationalities from 300 members, creating a family feel as we strive towards our mission of “Science Enhancing Lives”.
Reading Science Centre is the Global Science Centre for Mondelez International. In addition to providing research and scientific services to its parent company it also provides a range of scientific services to other companies operating in the the food and pharmaceutical industries.
RSSL UK sales is $30MM, rising c5-10% pa. and employs over 330 people.
Purpose of the role
As the Counterfeit, Impurities and Toxicology Commercial lead you will be responsible for ensuring RSSL maximises sales, reputation and customer experience in the field of Counterfeit, Impurities and Toxicology.
This role is unique as it involves a combination of business development and the development of strategic marketing plans
In this ‘hands on’ role, the Counterfeit, Impurities and Toxicology Commercial Lead is the key interface between Commercial, Operations and the Customer. The role will manage sales performance in Counterfeit, Impurities and Toxicology sector driving RSSL’s analytical and training business as well as the development our consultancy and new service offering.
The role reports to the Commercial Lead.
Counterfeit, Impurities and Toxicology Commercial Lead
• Managing speciality vision and purpose to meet RSSL growth targets by setting and hitting, annual sales targets and supporting forecast requests. Ensure our service offerings and the commercial connection between RSSL and the client is customer centric
• Analyzes, innovate and creates a plan for engaging the target market, identify, prioritise and lead sales growth through external events, client contact activity, create clients relationship and partnership programming
• Manage major proposals, identify potential clients, track, build relationships and close sales opportunities
• Act as the central point of contact (team leader) for the Counterfeit, Impurities and Toxicology strategic team made up of 3 scientific specialists and marketing representation.
• Create, review, adapt and pivot demand lead strategic plans, revenues stream reviews, working with marketing to share resource.
• Plan, action & review a 5, 3, 1 year strategy plans for your specialty section covering: Marketing Budget/ROI, Five year strategic planning, 18 month tactical planning cycle with teritial reviews, working closely with marketing creating automate workflows in our CRM
• Horizon Scanning 1yr, 3 yrs, 5 yrs, searching for new service offerings that complement our current service offering and determine potential size of market and timings. In conjunction to developing our external clients innovation funnel and seeking approval for funding.
• Actively engage in professional industry bodies. Network and present back findings to commercial lead, technical and leadership team. Identify new seminars/events where our technical experts can present.
• Educated to degree or professional qualification standard within pharmaceutical Industry with GMP understanding (Preferred)
• Intermediate level for MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Hands on experience with CRM and laboratory reporting tools (Preferred)
• Proven communication and negotiation skills
• Solid analytical skills with the ability to create reports and conduct performance analyses that support the delivery of business SLAs
• Proven record of strong project management skills including ability to successfully build and finish discrete projects within pre-agreed parameters.Ability to maintain calmness whilst multi-tasking with several stakeholders and re-prioritise in changing environments
• Good communication and presentation skills with ability to adapt personal style to colleagues preferences and translate the departmental impacts to all levels of the business.
• Process Management – ensure all activities (both directly and indirectly) are delivered in-line with MDLZ policies and practices and actively promote good practice
• Informing– keeps stakeholders and key partners updated
• Peer Relationships - Collaborative style with ability to build partnerships both internally and externally, quickly finding common ground and solve problems for the good of all.
• 2 years+ experience in a Business Development and/or Marketing position (Preferred)
• Project Management experience (Preferred)
• Understanding and working to Client legal contracts (Preferred)
• Direct Client experience
• Fluent in english
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.
To apply for this role, please click here: https://mondelez.taleo.net/careersection/mdlz_global_external/jobdetail....
To view all of our vacancies, please click here: https://www.rssl.com/careers/current-vacancies