Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL) is a cutting-edge Contract Research Organisation (CRO), providing research, analysis and consultancy to the food and pharmaceutical sectors. Whether we are creating new products, validating medicines or solving investigations, we take pride in being a leader in our field, serving clients from across 60 countries.
In 2019, we’ve been recognised as Enlightened Employer, Women in Business and Thames Valley Tech finalists and in 2018 one of our family earned the Food & Drink Federation’s Scientist of the Year. Enriched by our parent company Mondelēz International, our diverse team includes 23 nationalities from 300 members, creating a family feel as we strive towards our mission of “Science Enhancing Lives”.
Purpose of the Role
In RSSL we are customer focused, science led and results driven. The RSSL performs a wide range of analytical analyses for a variety of food, pharmaceutical and healthcare companies and supports Mondelez research and innovation.
This position is responsible for supporting the quality team in maintaining and improving RSSL quality system in Reading UK through:
• Maintaining RSSL UK compliance to cGMP standards for the pharma industry and RSSL accredited status to ISO 17025 for the food industry.
• Support RSSL laboratory staff with advice, guidance and knowledge of the appropriate quality system requirements.
• Conduct internal audits and follow up on findings.
• To maintain and improve the RSSL quality system processes by review and approval of QMS (Quality Management System) processes e.g. OOS investigations, change control, deviations, method validation, issue and withdrawal of the controlled documentation.
• To assist RSSL in the maintenance of the equipment calibration plans and performing calibration on certain types of equipment.
• To audit the RSSL laboratories or department against the relevant Quality Systems (UKAS, GMP) according to the audit plan, document the audit detailing the findings and agreeing with the appropriate staff the necessary corrective actions. Follow up any non-compliances and ensure that corrective actions have been taken prior to closure.
- Prepare, distribute and administer the audit report for the areas audited.
• To assist with preparation of data for departmental quality review meetings, quality lead meeting, client audits, external regulatory inspections attending audits and capturing actions and minutes as and when required.
• To support training on quality matters, delivering ad hoc and planned training on Q-Pulse and other quality matters.
• To take a proactive role in continuous improvement program.
• To work to the highest standards of safety and quality by ensuring that appropriate COSHHs, risk assessments and SOPs are understood and followed.
• To assist with the documentation of SOP’s and ensure training records are accurate.
• To understand and work to the requirements of GMP and UKAS.
• Educated to Degree / HNC level in a relevant scientific discipline or equivalent relevant experience in a laboratory.
• Good understanding of basic lab equipment.
• Experience of working in a regulated environment would be preferred.
• Experience in calibration would be a valuable asset.
• Computer literate in standard MS office applications.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Meticulous attention to detail and an ability to follow written instructions.
• Well organized and capable of working on multiple activities concurrently.
• Accountable, honest, hardworking and able to work efficiently in a team.
• Flexible and adaptable to meet customer/business requirements.
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic and quick to learn.
• Fluent in English language.
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.
Please be aware that this role may require handling of materials that may contain chemicals, solvents and allergens, and the appropriate protective wear will be supplied.
To apply for this role, please click here: https://mondelez.taleo.net/careersection/mdlz_global_external/jobdetail....
To view all vacancies, please click here: https://www.rssl.com/careers/current-vacancies