Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL) is a cutting-edge Contract Research Organisation (CRO), providing research, analysis and consultancy to the food and pharmaceutical sectors. Whether we are creating new products, validating medicines or solving investigations, we take pride in being a leader in our field, serving clients from across 60 countries.
In 2019, we’ve been recognised as Enlightened Employer, Women in Business and Thames Valley Tech finalists and in 2018 one of our family earned the Food & Drink Federation’s Scientist of the Year. Enriched by our parent company Mondelēz International, our diverse team includes 23 nationalities from 300 members, creating a family feel as we strive towards our mission of “Science Enhancing Lives”.
RSSL is an independent global leader at the forefront of scientific analysis, research, consultancy and training, providing services to the global food and pharmaceutical sectors as well as its parent company Mondelēz International. RSSL is a world class supplier of scientific and technical solutions enhanced by industry leading customer service.
In this role, you will be the first point of contact for food customers, accountable for managing a range of enquiries relating to potential new projects, collating quotes and responding to other general requests for information and ensuring that they are actioned appropriately. You will be part of our friendly team who work closely alongside our technical and sales colleagues to ensure we provide the right solution for each of our clients.
· To answer and respond to food sector customer enquiries in a timely manner (within 24 hours) issuing quotations as appropriate. Ensure client satisfaction by acting as the principal interface to respond to their requests whilst delivering an excellent personal customer service.
· To optimise client calls by ‘selling-on’ other services to the client where appropriate. Identify, and pass on sales opportunities to the wider Commercial Team where relevant.
· Collaborate with the wider Operations team to ensure client requirements are met in a timely manner. Manage the collation of multi-department quotations.
· Co-ordinate food sector client teleconferences in order to scope project requirements to enable quotes to be prepared and issued.
· Provide support to wider Food Commercial Team including giving ad-hoc tours of the facility, attending external events, act as deputy to Account Managers for specific Strategic Accounts and provide general support with the collation of proposals
· Aid in identifying (potential) customer issues and raise these with the appropriate senior team.
· Know the legal and compliance responsibilities of the position; raise questions and concerns when faced with, or you learn of, an ethical or compliance issue; apply integrity in all aspects of professional conduct.
Knowledge: including education, qualifications and training
Educated to Degree / HNC level in a relevant scientific discipline or equivalent relevant experience in a laboratory.
Excellent organizational skills, including time management and priority setting
Strong attention to detail and accuracy
Excellent inter-personal skills and technical credibility, to interact effectively with clients and colleagues by telephone, written communication and face-to-face
Outgoing proactive approach, energy, drive, enthusiasm and the ability to motivate others, preferred
Team player, plus ability to work on own initiative
An organised approach, capable of working on several projects at any one time
Practical laboratory experience, preferred
Customer services experience, preferred
Fluent English, written and spoken
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.
To apply for this role please click here: https://mondelez.taleo.net/careersection/mdlz_global_external/jobdetail....
To view all our vacancies, please click here: https://www.rssl.com/careers/current-vacancies