What makes working at Mondelēz International so special? Many things. The iconic brands and global nature of our business. The continuous innovation and endless opportunities to grow. The chance, each and every day, to put a smile on people’s faces. We’re the world’s leading maker of Chocolate, Biscuits, Candy and Gum with billion-dollar brands like Cadbury, Milka, Prince and Oreo and we now have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a R&D Leader to work within our Analytical Sciences function.
The role, working in our Global Science Centre, in Reading UK, will be responsible for leading the Global Manufacturing Analytical Programme (GMAP) managing the delivery of key analytical projects through to implementation across our extensive global manufacturing network. The successful candidate will also lead the Analytical Science team within Europe managing team members based in our R&D centres across our European R&D locations.
As Section Manager for Global Analytical Sciences you will be an excellent Project Manager, with the ability to influence remotely across locations to ensure plans are delivered.
You will be a people leader, managing direct reports (reviewing performance/hiring new staff etc) and leading non-reports in strategy and execution – driving a strong technical approach across your spheres of influence.
You will lead on strategy for the Global Manufacturing Analytical Programme and ensuring regional plans are in place.
Fundamental to the success of the role will be your ability to communicate and influence. You will be able to demonstrate leadership in cross-functional and cross-site teams and regularly interface with other departments acting as a key partner to deliver requirements – networking effectively with internal and external partners.
You will interface regularly with RD&Q and cross-functional senior management including Corporate Quality, Manufacturing Quality and Product Developers.
- Extensive, proven R&D or Quality experience with Degree in a relevant scientific discipline or equivalent relevant experience in a laboratory
- Preferred: PhD in chemistry with proven track record of relevant laboratory experience
- Strong demonstrated project management experiences
- Experienced in influencing without authority
- Experienced manager of technical teams
- Experience of working internationally
- Preferred: Experience of delivering fit for purpose analytical solutions supporting manufacturing plant quality and efficiency
o Implementation of analytical parameters
o Development & implementing advanced and next gen analytical solutions
- Execute with excellence – experience of portfolio and project management
- Put Consumers at the Heart - Quality & Food Safety
- Creating and applying science & technology - technical rigour
- Leverage connections - Collaboration & influence
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.
To apply for this role please visit www.rssl.com/careers/current-vacancies