Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL) is a cutting-edge Contract Research Organisation (CRO), providing research, analysis and consultancy to the pharmaceutical, healthcare and food sectors. Whether we are creating new products, validating medicines or solving investigations, we take pride in being a leader in our field, serving clients from across 60 countries.
In 2019, we were recognised as OBN’s Best CRO, Women in Business Enlightened Employer and Business of the Year award winners.
Enriched by our parent company Mondelēz International, our diverse team includes 22 nationalities from 300 members, creating a family feel as we strive towards our mission of science enhancing lives.
You are an internally recognized expert in analytical sciences and an effective leader of cross-functional teams. Working with cross-functional stakeholders, you plan and technically lead complex analytical programs, interpret findings and define actionable next steps. You also review, approve, and effectively communicate significant technical/scientific results and regularly interact with key senior stakeholders.
How you will contribute
You will provide technical and scientific direction and manage a portfolio of projects or a technically complex project within your technical area of expertise, ensuring effective and accurate performance that is delivered on time and to required quality standards. You will also ensure that the data produced and used by project teams are of the highest quality and are carried out safely and in compliance with industry laboratory standards. This role will require you to review and approve scientific reports, method development and validations, and to authorize competencies within your area of expertise and then present results that are linked to business needs. You will apply your influencing skills to educate stakeholders regarding technical risks, ensuring clear communication and understanding to allow for cross-functional decision making. This role demands that you demonstrate your own technical accuracy and expertise and that of your project team by leveraging internal and external resources, continuously identifying opportunities for improvement and being aware of latest relevant best practices. As a people leader, you will advocate for your area of technical expertise, and mentor and coach the technical community to grow their capabilities and to support their career development.
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career and the following experience and knowledge:
• Relevant laboratory experience
• Your technical area of expertise and the business environment including regulatory requirements, and quality and consumer science
• Communicating and influencing your network and managing internal/external scientific relationships
• Organizing, project management and priority setting
• Technical credibility to develop good working relationships with internal and external clients
• Solving complex technical and analytical problems by devising strong solutions
The responsibilities of the role are to supervise complex projects including a practical input where required, to keep abreast of scientific developments, represent and influence at relevant external industry events and ensure our services remain leading edge across various industries.
Additionally, the role holder will demonstrate inspirational technical leadership to develop the next generation of chromatographic scientists using a range of on the job training, coaching and mentoring activities as appropriate. Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL), is a leading-edge contract research organization offering research, analysis and consultancy globally. We pride ourselves in working with a diversity of industry ranging from start-up and innovation through to well established blue-chip pharmaceutical companies.
The Pharmaceutical Development laboratory is one of a number of areas of scientific expertise that work collaboratively to support he RSSL and global Mondelēz business objectives in various industry sectors. This position is based at the Reading site and it expected that the job holder may be required to travel either within the UK and overseas.
• Provide high quality customer service at all times by ensuring effective organisation of assigned workload, integrity of analytical data generated and timely/accurate provision of result.
• Responsible for a portfolio of projects or a technically complex multidisciplinary project across different technical groups.
• Responsible for initiating/running internal projects to improve operational efficiency across the company.
• Perform technical data review and provide interpretation of results for analytical work.
• Write, review and authorise interpretive scientific reports including complex method development procedures and validation protocols
• Provide technical direction and development to senior and junior staff, both within the department and across the business.
• Expert user in the use of generic and specific software packages require for the role: Laboratory’s LIMS system, Q-Pulse, OpenLAB, QlikView
• Provide and instruct best practice for the maintenance and troubleshooting of lab equipment.
• Contribute to creative and innovative solutions to technical challenges and support creation of new business opportunities throughout the Pharmaceutical marketplace.
To apply for this role, please click here: https://wd3.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/mdlz/External/job/Reading...
To view all RSSL vacancies, click here: https://wd3.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/mdlz/External/job/Reading...