Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL) is a cutting-edge Contract Research Organisation (CRO), providing research, analysis and consultancy to the food and pharmaceutical sectors. Whether we are creating new products, validating medicines or solving investigations, we take pride in being a leader in our field, serving clients from across 60 countries.
In 2019, we’ve been recognised as Enlightened Employer, Women in Business and Thames Valley Tech finalists and in 2018 one of our family earned the Food & Drink Federation’s Scientist of the Year. Enriched by our parent company Mondelēz International, our diverse team includes 23 nationalities from 300 members, creating a family feel as we strive towards our mission of “Science Enhancing Lives”.
In RSSL we are customer focused, science led and results driven. The RSSL performs a wide range of analytical analyses for a variety of food, pharmaceutical and healthcare companies and supports Mondelez research and innovation.
This position is responsible for supporting the quality team in maintaining and improving RSSL quality system in Reading UK through:
• Maintaining and developing RSSL UK compliance to cGMP standards for the pharma industry and RSSL accredited status to ISO 17025 for the food industry.
• Representing RSSL at client audits, demonstrating and promoting the quality systems.
• Support RSSL laboratory staff with advice, guidance and knowledge of the appropriate quality system requirements.
• Maintain and improve the RSSL quality system processes by review and approval of Quality Management System (QMS) processes e.g. OOS investigations, change control, deviations, method validation, issue and withdrawal of the controlled documentation, maximising the efficiency through use of Q-Pulse.
• Assist at audits by clients and at regulatory inspections, MHRA and UKAS, acting in a professional manner and exemplifying RSSL corporate image.
• Conduct external audits of service providers, complete audit reports, create observations in Q-Pulse and manage their timely completion as required.
• Perform internal audits of the laboratories and systems to ensure ongoing compliance with the regulatory requirements and internal procedures.
• Participate in annual quality reviews in the laboratories, prepare the minutes , create the actions in Q-Pulse, follow up and review their completion.
• Assist in compiling the KPIs for RSSL laboratories and creating the reports.
• Lead projects to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the quality management system.
• Take an active role in creating Quality training sessions either by leading some of the courses or by creating material for other team members.
• Support and work alongside the Calibration Officer to ensure that the calibrations are planned and completed according to the schedule and that the document archiving process is completed in a timely manner.
• Review contractual documentation from RSSL UK customers and vendors, e.g. supplier questionnaire, Confidentiality Agreements etc.
• Take an active role in producing training materials and delivering training as required. Ensure training records are accurate.
• Take a proactive role in continuous improvement program.
• Work to the highest standards of safety and quality by ensuring that appropriate COSHHs, risk assessments and SOPs are understood and followed.
• Understand and work to the requirements of GMP and UKAS.
• Educated to Degree / HNC level in a relevant scientific discipline or equivalent relevant experience in a laboratory.
• Good understanding of basic lab equipment.
• Experience of conducted internal audits to GMP or ISO 17025 standards and of controlled document management.
• Experience of working in a regulated environment.
• Experience or good level of knowledge in at least one of the 3 focus areas (in-house training, equipment calibration or document archiving) would be preferred.
• Computer literate with good knowledge of MS Office.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Meticulous attention to detail and ability to follow written instructions.
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic and quick to learn. Able to work efficiently in a team.
• Well organized and capable of working on multiple activities concurrently.
• Fluent in English language (both written and spoken).
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.
Please be aware that this role may require handling of materials that may contain chemicals, solvents and allergens, and the appropriate protective wear will be supplied.
To apply for this role, please click here: https://mondelez.taleo.net/careersection/mdlz_global_external/jobdetail....
To view all of our vacancies, please click here: https://www.rssl.com/careers/current-vacancies