Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL) is a cutting-edge Contract Research Organisation (CRO), providing research, analysis and consultancy to the pharmaceutical, healthcare and food sectors. Whether we are creating new products, validating medicines or solving investigations, we take pride in being a leader in our field, serving clients from across 60 countries.
In 2019, we were recognised as OBN’s Best CRO, Women in Business Enlightened Employer and Business of the Year award winners.
Enriched by our parent company Mondelēz International, our diverse team includes 22 nationalities from 300 members, creating a family feel as we strive towards our mission of science enhancing lives.
About the team:
The DNA and Protein team provides analytical support primarily to clients in the food industry, providing a variety of services that encompass biological analytical methods, notably including allergen testing and meat/fish speciation. Working with this team will mean doing vital work that keeps food standards high and ultimately keeps consumers safe.
The role at Senior Scientist I is to provide technical direction and managerial responsibilities within the DNA & Protein laboratory. It will play a key role in ensuring that projects are performed and supervised effectively and accurately within agreed timescales and to appropriate quality standards. It will manage and train junior members of the Sample Prep and PCR team, and undertake client contact as required.
Scientifically, it will focus primarily on routine and investigative analyses and method development and validations for food products using techniques such as (Real Time) PCR, Gel Imaging Equipment, ELISA, and PAGE to UKAS ISO17025 standards.
• Line management of a team of scientists
• Provide high quality customer service at all times by ensuring effective organisation of assigned workload, integrity of analytical data generated and timely/accurate provision of results.
• Provide Technical direction within own area of expertise within the team.
• Perform a range of analysis using (Real Time) PCR, Gel Imaging Equipment, ELISA, and PAGE and other techniques independently.
• Perform complex method development and design validation protocols.
• Perform maintenance and troubleshooting of lab equipment.
• Perform data checking and provide interpretation of results for routine testing.
• Generate certificate analysis or external interpretive reports.
• Expert user of specific software and proficient in the use of generic and specific software packages require for the role: Laboratory’s LIMS system, Q-Pulse, Open
Lab and Chromeleon
• Provide training and supervise junior staff in routine activities and methods and interpretation.
• Take responsibility for elements of specific projects and/or specific areas of general laboratory/sample administration and assign housekeeping tasks as required.
What you will bring
• High level relevant laboratory experience in analytical techniques for DNA and protein, sufficient to work independently and lead other scientists
• Prior leadership experience, preferably direct line management
• Educated to Degree or PhD (or equivalent) in a relevant scientific discipline or equivalent relevant experience in a laboratory.
• Verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build your network and technical credibility with external clients and internal teams
• Problem solving and planning resources to maintain a consistent workflow to deliver projects
• Organizational skills, including time management and priority setting
There is no regular need to travel for this role. There may be occasions where team members are required to attend and/or present at external conferences and functions. There may also be times where there is a business requirement to work at the main RSSL site in Reading.
09:00 - 17:00 Mondays to Thursdays
09:00 - 16:45 Fridays
Company: Reading Scientific Services Limited
To apply for this role, please click here: https://wd3.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/mdlz/External/job/Reading...
To view all RSSL vacancies, please click here: https://www.rssl.com/careers/current-vacancies