Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL) is a cutting-edge Contract Research Organisation (CRO), providing research, analysis and consultancy to the food and pharmaceutical sectors. Whether we are creating new products, validating medicines or solving investigations, we take pride in being a leader in our field, serving clients from across 60 countries.
In 2019, we’ve been recognised as Enlightened Employer, Women in Business and Thames Valley Tech finalists and in 2018 one of our family earned the Food & Drink Federation’s Scientist of the Year. Enriched by our parent company Mondelēz International, our diverse team includes 23 nationalities from 300 members, creating a family feel as we strive towards our mission of “Science Enhancing Lives”.
Purpose of Role
At RSSL, a wholly owned subsidiary of Mondelēz International, we are customer focused, science led and results driven. The Microscopy Laboratory fulfils two major roles: (i) it is actively involved in supporting its parent company, Mondelez in the development of new products and in trouble shooting problems with the current range; (ii) it has a successful external business involving the testing of products for both the food and pharmaceutical sector.
This role primarily focuses on the sub-visible particle analysis of pharmaceutical products using techniques including the light obscuration and light microscope methods.
• Provide high quality customer service at all times by ensuring effective organisation of assigned workload, integrity of analytical data generated and timely/accurate provision of results.
• Perform a range of routine sub-visible particle analysis using the light obscuration and light microscope methods, under the supervision of senior members of staff.
• To perform analytical work following test methods, standard operating procedures and where appropriate, feasibility and client protocols.
• Operate basic lab equipment as directed.
• Be proficient in the use of generic and specific software packages required for the role: Laboratory’s LIMS system, Q-Pulse, SamplerSight Pharma, PharmSpec, Omnic, IMS etc.
• Carry out daily and weekly housekeeping duties in the sub-visible testing room and the main Microscopy lab, as directed.
• Carry out sample administration tasks, as directed.
• Will be expected to work in different laboratories if the demand is required.
Education and Experiences
• Educated to Degree level in a relevant scientific discipline involving materials characterisation.
• Computer Literate.
• Good verbal and written communication skill.
• Dextrous and co-ordinated.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to organise work to maximise output.
• Understanding of Quality systems would be an advantage but full training will be given.
• English, verbal and written
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.
Please be aware that this role may require handling of materials that may contain chemicals, solvents and allergens, and the appropriate protective wear will be supplied.
To apply for this role, please click here: https://mondelez.taleo.net/careersection/mdlz_global_external/jobdetail....
To view all our vacancies, please click here: https://www.rssl.com/careers/current-vacancies