OMass Therapeutics is an early-stage drug discovery company specialized in applying state of the art biophysical platform technologies to discover therapies for severe unmet medical needs in immunology and genetically defined disorders. The company was founded by Professor Dame Carol Robinson to leverage her pioneering work in native mass spectrometry, in studies of dynamic protein assemblies, to characterise challenging drug targets including membrane proteins. The high resolution of our biophysical platform offers an unprecedented advantage in the detection of drug leads.
The company vision is to build an integrated drug discovery company, with biophysical platform technologies at its core, and develop a pipeline of novel therapies. Our ambition is to develop and ultimately commercialise our products.
Following successful Series A funding, the company is expanding significantly in different areas. This is an excellent time to join a dynamic growing company.
OMass Therapeutics is inviting applications for the position of Scientist to work within the mass spectrometry screening team. The company offers a thriving and creative environment for a well-suited candidate to become an integral part of our future vision.
The successful candidate will be an early-stage scientist with a good understanding of mass spectrometry, preferably using LC-MS based methods for identification of small molecules. You will be responsible for using MS based platforms for the analysis of membrane proteins and their interactions with small molecules. Experience of molecular biology, protein expression/purification is advantageous. The role is based in our Oxford site.
Applications to be received by 30th July 2021
Essential Experience and Skills
• BSc/MSc degree with at least 6months of relevant laboratory research experience or recent PhD graduate in natural sciences
• Willing to learn new skills for ligand identification and automation
• Experience with handling purified proteins
• Excellent organisational skills and communication skills, both written and verbal
Preferred Experience and Skills
• Experience with handling purified membrane proteins
• Experience with protein expression and purification
• Experience with native MS and LC-MS based small molecule analysis
• Experience with metabolomic workflows and automation
• Prepare compound libraries to enable LC-MS and native MS screening
• Perform affinity MS screening and report the results to other departments
• Support new method development for identification of small molecules
• Work closely with scientists within the team to develop solutions and exploratory ideas which achieve and strengthen the company’s vision and intellectual property position
• Contribute in maintaining a well organised lab and help in maintenance of MS instruments
• Remain up to date with the state-of-the-art of the field and maintain detailed laboratory records
Job Type: Full time, permanent
Salary: Competitive salary and comprehensive employee benefits
Applicants should provide a full CV and a brief cover letter describing their interest for, and compatibility with, the position.
OMass Therapeutics values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity, we also have full responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to work and live in the UK.