Mission Therapeutics is an early-stage drug development company targeting the ubiquitin pathway for the treatment of neurodegenerative disease, rare mitochondrial diseases and fibrosis. The Company has built a leading platform for the discovery and development of first-in-class, small molecule drugs that selectively target deubiquitylating enzymes (DUBs) – an emerging drug class that is attracting significant commercial interest in the area of protein homeostasis.
We currently have a vacancy for a Scientist in our Assay Development and Screening Team within the Discovery Biology group at our Cambridge, UK based facilities. Mission Therapeutics is ideally situated in a fantastic new facility on the Babraham Research Campus at the heart of Europe’s largest biotechnology cluster.
The successful applicant will be responsible for screening compounds in single point and IC50 biochemical fluorescence-based assays to support Mission projects and objectives. You will carry out evaluation of compounds in cellular target engagement and biomarker assays, as well as troubleshooting of biochemical and cellular assays.
You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, team environment and on multiple projects with constantly changing priorities and deadlines, be well organised, self-motivated and have excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
This role will be mainly laboratory based.
Key Responsibilities of the role will include
• Screening of compounds in single point and IC50 format using fluorescence-based biochemical assays to support Mission projects
• Evaluation of compounds in cellular target engagement and biomarker assays.
• Troubleshooting of biochemical and cellular assays.
• Analysis, reporting and upload of data to databases and lab books.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• A BSc or MSc in a life sciences subject ideally with biotechnology or pharmaceutical laboratory experience post qualification, or equivalent.
• Drug discovery experience is desirable.
• Biochemical and cellular screening assays
• Cell culture
• SDS-PAGE and Western blotting
• Strong computer/software skills for data entry and analysis
We offer a competitive salary along with a contributory pension scheme and other excellent benefits.
If you would like to apply for the position, please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to comply with UK employment legislation, all applicants for positions at Mission must have the right to work in the UK. In the event that a job offer is made, you will be required to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK before you commence employment with Mission.
All applications received will be managed in accordance with our Job Applicant Privacy Notice available to view on the Careers page of our website www.missiontherapeutics.com
No agencies, thank you.