What are we looking for?
We are looking for a highly skilled and ambitious Scientist to join our Ophthalmology team, to support the team investigating our in vivo systems of novel retinal reprogramming therapies. The right candidate will believe nothing is impossible, and that given the right opportunity, their hard work and adaptability will allow them to achieve the highest standards, delivering world-class science, commercial success, patient impact.
This position is a full-time, permanent role, based at Cambridge Science Park, UK.
At Mogrify, you’ll be joining a passionate and innovative team of world experts whose mission is to pioneer a new class of in vivo reprogramming therapies to treat degenerative disease, using our proprietary suite of platforms to direct cellular reprogramming (Rackham et al., Nature Genetics, 2016) and the maintenance of cell identity (Kamaraj et al., Cell Systems, 2020). Working in a highly dynamic and collaborative environment, you will help to develop revolutionary therapeutic modalities and address disease areas with unmet clinical need, making a difference to your colleagues, collaborators and to the patients we serve.
We believe that success is a journey undertaken by aligned individuals who respect and enjoy each other, an ethos that since its inception has enabled Mogrify to redefine what is possible for an early-stage biotech. To date, we have raised over $40 million USD funding, established a team with unparalleled track records and received recognition from industry peers for our innovation and potential to be transformative in the discovery and development of new medicines.
At Mogrify, you will:
• Conduct scientific research for the development of cell and gene therapies using our proprietary direct cellular reprogramming technology, with a focus on in vitro and in vivo models of retinal disease.
• Provide scientific expertise for new and ongoing research projects, contributing to all phases of a project, from experimental design through to execution and reporting
• Design and conduct experiments to investigate cellular reprogramming using histological state-of-the-art histological techniques
• Work in a highly collaborative environment with other scientists internally and externally bringing a range of disciplines to the project.
• Analyze and interpret experimental data from multiple cell conversion experiments, identifying problems or bottlenecks and resolving technical issues.
• PhD in Ophthalmology or Neuroscience with some relevant experience, or BSc/MSc with demonstrable, relevant follow-on experience
• Experience in design and analysis of in vivo experiments, preferably experience using retinal disease models
• Proficient in histological techniques such as cryostat sectioning, immunohistochemistry and in situ hybridization as well as confocal microscopy and image analyses.
• Experience with AAV, western blotting, flow cytometry and scRNA sequencing is desirable
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
• Team player, organized, self-motivated with positive thinking and a “can-do” attitude
• Ability to work unsupervised, both scientifically and in the laboratory, working on multiple projects
Why Join Mogrify?
You will be joining a pioneering and innovative team who collaborate with shared domain expertise, intellectual curiosity, and passion for developing novel cell reprogramming therapies.
You will have the freedom and flexibility to flourish. We will work with you to create your own personal development plan and provide you with the training, support, and encouragement to continue to enhance your skills.
We look for great, not good, recognizing your efforts with upper quartile remuneration. Colleagues tell us how great our employee benefits package is, and we regularly seek feedback to ensure it remains impactful and meaningful. Our benefits include:
• Contributory pension (8%)
• Health and dental insurance
• Share options scheme
• Income protection
• Life assurance • 25 days’ annual leave (increasing to a maximum of 30 days)
• Recognition scheme (including spot awards and peer recognition)
• Fresh fruit, biscuits and other tasty treats are always available in our open plan kitchen and breakout space
• Regular and varied, well attended social events organized by our MOSO committee
How can you apply?
If this sounds like you and you share our core values, and you can also bring something new to our culture, we’d love to share our journey with you. To learn more and apply, please send your CV and a covering letter stating the title of the position you are applying for to email@example.com.
For more information about Mogrify, please visit: mogrify.co.uk