Mogrify is a cell therapy development company. We have developed a systematic big data-science approach (Rackham et al., Nature Genetics, 2016) powered by next-generation sequencing and gene-regulatory data to identify the optimal combination of transcription factors (in vitro) or small molecules (in vivo) for direct cell programming. This allows the conversion of any mature cell type into any other mature cell type without traversing a pluripotent stem cell- or progenitor cell-state. We are applying this approach to address the issues of efficacy, safety and scalability currently associated with cell therapy development.
We are looking for highly motivated and ambitious Scientists and Senior Scientists who want to push the boundaries of cell reprograming to join our expanding team at the Cambridge Science Park. You will be part of a growing company, and opportunities will be available for the career progression of scientists at all levels, both in scientific and managerial tracks. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis as applications are received, with start dates ranging from immediate start to early 2020. All roles will be full-time at our state-of-the-art facilities in Cambridge, UK.
At Mogrify, you will:
• be part of a highly dynamic and collaborative environment with pioneering science, integrity and diversity as our core values;
• play a pivotal role in the R&D team, actively contributing to the development and in vitro validation of human cell conversions using the Mogrify approach;
• contribute to all steps of a research project, from project design and management alongside the business development and leadership teams, to project execution and troubleshooting.
• PhD in a relevant area plus 3–5 years of follow-on experience, or MSc with equivalent follow-on experience
• Solid molecular and cell biology background
• Proven ability to work independently within a collaborative team, and ability to manage complex projects under pressure and a sense of urgency
• Team player, self-driven with positive thinking and a “can-do” attitude
• Good communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
• Experience in some of the following areas is preferred:
• Handling and characterization of different cell types, such as of pluripotent stem cells, and experience in in vitro cell differentiation and reprograming
• Viral construct preparation and transduction of cells
• Familiarity with NGS and RNAseq
Benefits of working with Mogrify:
We offer a competitive salary and stock incentives along with a highly competitive benefits package including, a pension contribution scheme as well as health, dental and life insurance.alth, dental and life insurance.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating the role you are applying for.