Mission Therapeutics is a drug discovery and development company focused on the inhibition of deubiquitylating (DUB) enzymes for treatment of diseases with high unmet need including rare mitochondrial disorders, cancer, inflammation, and neurodegeneration. The company has established a widely-applicable and proprietary DUB research platform to enable the discovery of first in class drugs.
We are currently recruiting highly motivated and innovative Scientists/Senior Scientists to join our team at our Cambridge, UK based facilities. Mission Therapeutics is ideally situated on the Babraham Research Campus at the heart of Europe’s largest biotechnology cluster.
Scientists/Senior Scientists, Target Validation
These roles will contribute to the validation and understanding of target biology. In the positions the successful applicants will identify protein interactors as well as substrates with the aim of understanding modulation of disease relevant pathways. Both small molecule and genetic approaches will be applied.
Key tasks will include:
- Developing in vitro assays to identify protein interactors.
- Developing in vitro assays to identify protein substrates.
- Identifying biological pathways which are modulated following knockdown/knockout or inhibition by small molecules.
- Confirming target expression and localisation in cells and disease relevant tissues.
Scientist/Senior Scientist, Assay Development and Screening
Within this role the successful applicant will contribute to the production of new proteins and development of biochemical and cellular assays to support drug discovery efforts.
Key tasks will include:
- Designing and cloning expression constructs.
- Expressing and purifying proteins.
- Developing, troubleshooting and running biochemical screening assays as well as cellular screening and target engagement assays.
Qualifications and Experience
- MSc, PhD or equivalent experience in biochemistry, molecular biology or related discipline.
- Postdoctoral or equivalent experience desirable.
- Preclinical Pharma or Biotech experience preferred.
In addition, for the Target Validation roles:
- Experience in the ubiquitin field preferred.
- Experience with models of neurodegeneration desirable.
Our roles require highly motivated, organised and methodical Scientists with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment. Successful applicants will have excellent communication and presentation skills and will be able to multitask and prioritise delivery according to team and business requirements.
We offer a competitive salary along with a contributory pension scheme and other excellent benefits.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a fast-growing biotech company. If you would like to apply for one of these positions, please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com clearly stating the role you are applying for.
The closing date for applications is 28th February 2019.
In order to comply with UK employment legislation, all applicants for positions at Mission must have the right to work in the UK. In the event that a job offer is made, you will be required to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK before you commence employment with Mission.
All applications received will be managed in accordance with our Job Applicant Privacy Notice available to view on the Careers page of our website.
No agencies, thank you.