At Mogrify, you’ll be joining a passionate and innovative team of world experts whose mission is to transform the future development of cell therapies, as well as pioneer an entirely new class of in vivo reprogramming therapies using our proprietary suite of platforms to direct cellular conversion (Rackham et al., Nature Genetics, 2016) and the maintenance of cell identity (Kamaraj et al., Cell Systems, 2020). Working in a highly dynamic and collaborative environment, you will help to address the challenges associated with efficacy, safety and scalability in the development and manufacture of new cell therapies, making a difference to your colleagues, collaborators and to the patients we serve.
We believe that success is a journey undertaken by aligned individuals who respect and enjoy each other, an ethos that since its inception has enabled Mogrify to redefine what is possible for a newly formed biotech. In 2019, we have raised over $20 million USD funding, established a team with unparalleled track records and received recognition from industry peers for our innovation and potential to be transformative in the discovery and development of new medicines.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a highly skilled and ambitious Senior Bioinformatician. The right candidate will believe nothing is impossible, and that given the right opportunity, their hard work and adaptability will allow them to achieve the highest standards, delivering world-class science, commercial success and patient impact.
At Mogrify, you will:
- Provide high-level bioinformatics expertise for new and ongoing disease, technology development, and infrastructure projects, contributing to all phases from design through execution and reporting;
- Work as a pivotal part of the Cell Informatics team, performing and conducting complex data analyses independently, as well as part of a wider project group;
- Develop novel algorithms and computational tools for cell therapy;
- Lead and support new business initiatives, working alongside the business development and executive leadership team to achieve key program objectives;
- Act as a mentor to junior staff within the company.
- PhD in Computational Biology or related field, plus 5 years of follow-on experience, or MSc with equivalent follow-on experience;
- Proficiency of R and Python and expertise in any of: high-throughput sequencing data analysis and integration or algorithm and bioinformatics software and methods development;
- Experience working in human disease, immunology experience would be considered plus;
- Proven ability to work independently within a collaborative team and successfully manage and deliver complex projects with defined timelines;
- Demonstrated ability to promote and encourage working in a highly collaborative environment with other scientists (internally and externally), bringing a range of disciplines to the project to fully understand the value of computational approaches;
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills;
- Team player, self-motivated with positive thinking and “can-do” attitude.
- How will you be rewarded?
We look for great, not good, rewarding hard work with upper quartile remuneration and a highly competitive benefits package including:
- Contributory pension (8%)
- Health and dental insurance
- Share options scheme
- Income protection
- Life assurance
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing to a maximum of 30 days)
If this sounds like you and you share our core values, and you can also bring something new to our culture, we’d love to share our journey with you. To learn more and apply, please send your CV and a covering letter stating the title of the position you are applying for to email@example.com.