OMass Therapeutics specializes in applying state-of-the-art native mass spectrometry platforms to characterizing challenging protein assemblies, including membrane proteins. By preserving the structures of protein assemblies, we provide novel structural insights into large, dynamic complexes. The company vision is to build an integrated drug discovery company, with these technologies at its core, and deliver novel therapies to patients.
Following successful Series A funding, the company is expanding significantly in different areas and settled in new facilities at the Oxford Science Park. This is an excellent time to join a growing company.
OMass Therapeutics is inviting applications for the position of Senior Computational Biologist/Bioinformatician. This is an exciting opportunity to undertake an extremely dynamic role as OMass seeks to build internal bioinformatics capabilities. You will gain exposure to drug discovery and development processes, work closely with a team of passionate scientists and be an integral part of our future vision.
The successful candidate will have expert bioinformatics knowledge and be passionate about applying these skills to inform target selection and drug discovery. You will have a proven track record of integrating and analysing large biomedical databases from a variety of sources to identify novel biological insights.
Applications to be received by 22nd August 2019. Interviews will be conducted during September.
Key responsibilities include:
1. Lead bioinformatics capability building, including identifying relevant data and resource requirements to deliver OMass’ pipeline objectives
2. Lead computational projects to identify potential drug targets
3. Establish a computational pipeline, and automated approaches, to organise and interrogate multiple ‘omics datasets and datatypes
4. Establish an automated approach to search the literature for key areas of interest and diseases to identify indications in which OMass’ priority target classes are implicated in
5. Collaborate closely with our computational chemistry and project teams to contribute ongoing research projects
6. Provide general bioinformatics support for data analysis, interpretation and presentation across the company
• PhD in Bioinformatics or Computational Biology or a related discipline
• Extensive experience in using computational analysis of biological and clinical datasets to reveal novel biological insights
• Experience with Bayesian and non-Bayesian statistical methods as well as machine learning
• Expert programmer in Python and R, and broad expertise across development of web interfaces, database design and custom written scripts
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to collaborate successful across the OMass team
• Experience in the analysis of data from ChIP-seq, RNA-seq, metabolomics and proteomics experiments
• Experience in the analysis of genomic (e.g. GWAS and genome sequence data) and patient datasets
• Experience in structural bioinformatics, network biology and text mining.
Applicants should provide a full CV with a list of their publications to date, contact details for 2 referees and a cover letter describing their compatibility with position required.
OMass Therapeutics values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity, we also have full responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to work and live in UK. All applications should be sent to email@example.com.
Job Type: Full-time