About the Protein Sciences Team at Abcam:
The Protein Sciences team is currently in the build-up phase and will provide you with an exciting new and dynamic work environment. This is an exciting stage and when you join you will play an important role in contributing to the success of the group. The team in Cambridge is part of a larger global team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Express proteins at milligram scale in mammalian or bacterial cell systems
- Purify proteins using FPLC systems
- Ensure proteins are of high-quality using protein analytical techniques
- Contribute to additional activities within the team, as required
- Communicate clearly with managers and the Protein Sciences team, providing delivery dates and the necessary documentation and clearly presented lab results to support ongoing and completed work
- Document experiments and procedures in laboratory notebooks, analysing and presenting experimental data within internal meetings, and participate in the drafting and implementation of standard operating procedures (SOP’s)
- Role model working in a safe and efficient working environment in the Laboratory and ensure the safety of your colleagues and visitors, and support team adherence to all health and safety guidelines
- Maintain high quality standards within the lab; ensuring the lab is compliant with all external and internal quality standards, including ISO9001 (2015).
You will be educated to at least degree level in a life sciences-related subject with some hands-on experience of protein production.
Expertise with protein expression, mammalian cell culture, protein purification as well as experience with protein analytical methods is highly desirable. Molecular Biology experience would be an advantage.
Abilities to apply a good scientific rationale to problems and to analyse and draw conclusions from data are important for this role.
You are a hardworking, detail-orientated person who is able to function effectively in a fast-paced and sociable team environment.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!