The RxCelerate group is an out-sourced drug development platform, and is one of the fastest growing companies in the UK. Our client base ranges from virtual biotech companies all the way up to 3 of the top 15 global pharmaceutical giants. We design and deliver complete drug development programs and project management for our clients spanning from an idea up and including Phase II clinical studies.
RxCelerate currently has an excellent opportunity for an experienced scientist to help build our new protein expression and characterisation capabilities, working at the Babraham Research Campus, a leading site within the Cambridge biotechnology hub.
This is an exciting time to join our team as we scale up to support our growing global footprint and client base. Our numerous success stories speak for themselves as we have become the drug developer of choice for many of the UK’s top venture backed biotech start-ups.
The successful candidate is to have proven track record of experience in expression and purification of proteins from both prokaryotic and mammalian systems. They will have strong organisation skills, be an exceptional team-worker and have the ability to prioritise work within a busy and demanding scientific environment to meet challenging deadlines. This full-time role is predominantly lab based with the expectation of the candidate assuming line management and mentoring responsibilities in line with expansion of the team.
• Design and generation of protein expression constructs.
• Establishing protein overexpression systems in prokaryotic and mammalian cells.
• Large scale protein purification using multiple chromatography columns.
• Design and implement protein characterisation using a broad range of biochemical and biophysical methods.
• Presentation and reporting of work to internal project teams and external clients.
• Maintenance of accurate experimental records and delivery of high quality reports.
• PhD level with a strong background in protein biochemistry and/or crystallography.
• Extensive experience of different expression systems and protein purification techniques.
• Molecular biology and vector design expertise.
• Experience in structure biology and ability to carry out structural analysis would be advantageous.
• Experience in measuring direct protein-protein interactions and/or other enzymatic/cell-based activity assays (advantageous).
• Excellent organisational and planning skills with the ability to prioritise multiple tasks.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team, with a proactive approach to resolving technical challenges.
• Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
RxCelerate offers a competitive salary with an annual bonus scheme and company benefit package.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, outlining how you meet the requirements above, and curriculum vitae in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Informal enquiries can also be directed to this email address. Only applicants based in the UK and EU need apply.
No agencies please.