Senior Research Assistant – Molecular Biology
Based in London
Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits
Do you have experience in molecular biology techniques such as DNA/RNA extraction, PCR, qPCR, ddPCR, capillary/agarose gel electrophoresis or magnetic bead-based techniques?
Would you like to work for a ground-breaking diagnostics company in London?
My client is developing a revolutionary new NGS-based diagnostic platform in an easy-to-use, sample-to-answer, cartridge-based system designed to generate actionable results direct from clinical specimens in a matter of hours.
Due to continued growth, they are looking to hire outstanding scientific talent, including a Senior Research Assistant – Molecular Biology, to join the existing multi-disciplinary NGS platform development team, filling key roles in the rapidly expanding program.
This role would suit a recent graduate or an experienced molecular biologist looking to work for a revolutionary company with a solid technology foundation.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Research Assistant – Molecular Biology
- Support NGS technology development, including development of molecular biology and biochemistry modules and transfer to cartridge-based workflow.
- Design and execute laboratory experiments in a timely manner
- Provide detailed descriptions of experiments and complete analysis of data, suggesting next steps
- Identify technical issues as they occur and troubleshoot
- Effective management of required documentation in accordance with company quality management system and ISO 13485 standards
- Input into resolving technical problems encountered during experiments
The Senior Research Assistant – Molecular Biology will need the following skills and experience;
- A BSc or MSc in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, or related discipline, or have equivalent working experience
- Proficiency with molecular biology, biochemistry and/or microbiology techniques including DNA/RNA extraction, PCR, qPCR, ddPCR, capillary/agarose gel
electrophoresis or magnetic bead-based techniques.
- Ability to design, troubleshoot, perform and analyse experiments to generate high quality experimental output and analysis.
- Knowledge of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) workflows, primarily on sample prep and NGS library prep.
- Ability to design, perform, troubleshoot and analyse experiments
This is a great opportunity to join a leading Biotechnology company in London, who offer great career development and an innovative working environment.
Please apply online or contact Neil Walton at CY Partners for more details.
Please apply online here - https://www.cypartners.co.uk/vacancy/senior-research-assistant-molecular...
Alternatively contact Neil Walton at CY Partners on 07851 246846 or at firstname.lastname@example.org