ExecMind is a Life Science Executive Search company focused on recruitment of top scientists and management in global biotech and medtech industries.
Senior Scientist in Cell Biology
We are working with an ambitious biotech startup company, developing novel and innovative therapies, using an unique drug discovery approach. They are building key scientific staff, bringing in scientists and building international teams.
Our Client is looking for an established and skilled scientist, with more than 3 years of experience in academia or industry, somebody able to provide excellent expertise in encompassing the development and optimization of cellular assays to study interactions between proteins and small molecules.
This is a thrilling opportunity for an excellent Scientist, to join a Company developing world-changing therapies in oncology.
• Conceptual and laboratory work in the area of cell and molecular biology, performing reporter gene and luminescent assays as well as Western Blot, maintenance of cancer cell lines (lab work will amount for approx. 50% of time),
• Providing and using expertise in various types of projects related to the development of biochemical and cell-based assay testing of small molecule drug candidates,
• Development and execution of experimental strategies for the identification of biomarkers, modes of action of therapeutics,
• Literature search and analysis in the area of the project interest including patent analysis,
• Introduction of novel and optimization of existing protocols to study molecular interaction,
• Willingness to train and mentor junior team members.
• PhD in biochemistry, biology, biotechnology or related field,
• Minimum of 3 years of post-PhD working experience in international environment, in industry and/or academia,
• Experience in cell culturing including Western Blots, stable and transient transfections and phenotype analysis,
• Expert knowledge of luminescent and fluorescent-based read-outs, different reporter and disease related assays,
• Know-how of microscopy, HCS or FACS techniques is a strong asset,
• Fluency in English (in writing and speaking), analytical thinking, literature & patent search skills.
Interested Candidates are requested to submit CV by clicking the link below. It takes less than 30 seconds.
We would be happy to discuss your career opportunities.