Cambridge Start Up of the Year 2018
Bit Bio is an award-winning spinout from the University of Cambridge. Our breakthrough technology combines synthetic and stem cell biology for the precise, efficient and consistent reprogramming of human cells used in research, drug discovery, and cell therapy. At Bit Bio, we are passionate about engineering human cells that will enable the medicine of the future. To do this we need talented and curious people who want to make an impact on the future of science and therapeutics.
As a team of individuals, we value science, collaboration, openness, curiosity and creativity. We are united by trust and respect for each other.
Your role in our team:
We are looking for a Senior Scientist to join our human Pluripotent Stem Cell Platform team. Reporting to the Head of Manufacturing, the successful candidate will work in collaboration with our R&D, Gene Engineering and Manufacturing teams to provide fully validated iPS cells. You will be a key player in executing this workflow within the company, responsible for the design, execution and reporting of experimental work; supervision and training of junior staff; as well as SOP and assay development. This is an opportunity to join one of the best stem cell reprogramming labs and conduct research with a real-world impact.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Delivery of fully validated iPS cells for the R&D and Product Development teams by overseeing iPS cell culture and quality assessments.
• Line-managing, advising and coaching junior members in the laboratory by providing intellectual and practical support.
• Developing, optimising and implementing SOPs for iPSC production and QA / QC assays.
• Reporting key performance data to the Head of Manufacturing.
• Promoting a pro-active, continuous development culture within the team.
• Pro-actively identifying new technologies for the production and assessment of iPSCs.
• Have a PhD in life sciences (or equivalent experience) with a minimum of 3-years practical lab experience in a relevant industry or scientific organisation.
• Are a motivated scientist demonstrating the highest scientific rigour, operational skills and work standards.
• Are a passionate team player with excellent communication skills.
• Are humble – sincere and secure – accepts own mistakes – prioritisies team over personal goals.
• Are hungry – driven and proactive – goes above and beyond the call of duty to achieve company results.
• Are smart – astute and persuasive – uses emotional intelligence to lead and inspire colleagues.
With essential experience in:
• Human iPSC biology, reprogramming, culture and processing.
• Cell characterisation methods (ICC, qPCR and other assays).
• Supervisory and/or line-management experience.
• Staff training experience.
• Experience developing and implementing SOPs.
• Experience in iPSC production or a similar manufacturing environment.
More reasons to join us:
Bit Bio provides a vibrant and dynamic work environment in an exciting, fast-moving time for biology. We work with cutting edge technologies and with our world-leading scientific advisory board. We conduct pioneering work with real-world impact.
We trust our people to make significant contributions early on with opportunities to be involved in projects that are key to the success and growth of our young company. We invest in people, creating opportunities for personal development in an inclusive multi-skilled team with ambitious goals that provide opportunities to learn on the job from each other.
Creativity and open minds are encouraged for everyone to contribute to the success of the company.
To support Bit Bio staff and our culture further, we also offer a competitive salary, highly competitive benefits package including pension contribution scheme as well as health and life insurance.
To be part of our dynamic, growing start-up team and share our vision to build together the leading cell coding company, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com