Mogrify is a cell therapy development company. We have developed a systematic big data-science approach (Rackham et al., Nature Genetics, 2016) powered by next-generation sequencing and gene-regulatory data to identify the optimal combination of transcription factors (in vitro) or small molecules (in vivo) for direct cell programming. This allows the conversion of any mature cell type into any other mature cell type without traversing a pluripotent stem cell- or progenitor cell-state. We are applying this approach to address the issues of efficacy, safety and scalability currently associated with cell therapy development.
We are looking for a highly motivated and ambitious Scientist/Principal Scientist with a strong background in Immunology or Hematopoiesis who wants to push the boundaries of cell reprograming to join our expanding team at the Cambridge Science Park. You will be part of a growing company, and opportunities will be available for career progression. This is a full-time role at our state-of-the-art facilities in Cambridge, UK.
At Mogrify, you will:
• Play a defining role in the R&D team, acting as Mogrify’s “in-house” immunology and/or hematopoiesis expert and work in the development of immune and blood cell conversions using the Mogrify approach;
• Hold a lab-based position, and scientifically drive and influence our internal immune research programs and collaborations with external partners, providing planning and scientific direction and widening our networks to deliver future growth;
• Translate new techniques from research articles into actionable experimental plans while performing multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, and Provide mentorship to more junior scientists;
• Promote the scientific activities of the company through presentations at meetings and through publication in peer-reviewed journals;
• Be passionate to make a difference and inspire your colleagues to create new paths forward; think big, be a fearless pathfinder and deliver results.
• PhD in immunology, hematopoiesis (or related) with a minimum of 4 years of follow-on relevant experience
• Proven ability to independently define and conduct world-class scientific research and to disseminate research results through publication in reports and peer-reviewed journals
• Ability to manage complex projects under pressure and a sense of urgency
• Ability to drive and influence projects through scientific expertise to establish and maintain effective professional working relationships, including with peers across disciplines
• Team player, self-driven with positive thinking and a “can-do” attitude
Benefits of working with Mogrify:
We offer a competitive salary and stock incentives along with a highly competitive benefits package including, a pension contribution scheme as well as health, dental and life insurance.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com clearly stating the role you are applying for.