Sosei Heptares (the corporate brand of Sosei Group Corporation) is a research-focused biotechnology group, publicly listed in Japan (TSE: 4565) and with sites in Tokyo, London and Cambridge (UK).
Our mission is to make a significant contribution to improving the quality of life and health of people around the world. To achieve this, we will discover, design and develop the most innovative and effective medicines for patients worldwide, through our world-leading patent-protected technology and platform.
Our primary focus is the discovery and early development of new medicines originating from its proprietary G Protein-Coupled Receptor (GPCR)-targeted StaR® technology and Structure-Based Drug Design (SBDD) platform capabilities. The company is advancing a broad and deep pipeline of novel medicines across multiple therapeutic areas, including CNS, immuno-oncology, gastroenterology, inflammation and other rare/specialty indications.
The company has established partnerships with some of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies, including Allergan, AstraZeneca, Daiichi-Sankyo, Genentech (Roche), Novartis, Pfizer and Takeda; and with innovative biotechnology companies, including Kymab, MorphoSys and PeptiDream.
Sosei Heptares has approximately 145 employees based at its new R&D research facility at Granta Park. The size of the company ensures a transparent linkage between all activities from early discovery through to clinical development.
As part of the newly formed Preclinical Development Group, bringing integrated drug development focus on the portfolio, the role will bring chemistry and pharmaceutical sciences expertise to Drug Substance Design requirements throughout the project lifecycle in drug development. The role will progress multiple projects in preclinical and clinical development over several therapeutic areas in the portfolio.
• Manage and provide scientific problem-solving contributions to the Drug Substance Design and CMC specialism across late stage lead optimisation, preclinical and clinical projects at Sosei Heptares, to agreed regulatory standard, timelines and budget. To include:
o Scientific leadership in the process of research and development, first synthesis, and then GMP supply of Heptares candidates from candidate selection through the Phases of Development at selected specialist vendors.
o Data generation for salt selection, where appropriate.
o Selection of stable physical form (polymorph).
o Scientific leadership of required analytical activities (e.g. analytical method development/validation, reference standard, forced degradation studies).
o Scientific leadership of drug substance stability studies.
o Management of multiple projects at a time.
• Be responsible for recording all batch information for drug substance for development programs.
o Manage data generation for generation and renewal of formal Certificates of Analysis.
• Author, review and support CMC section of regulatory documentation:
o Generation of high-quality Module 3 drug substance sections of IMPD and IND submission documents.
o Be able to provide suitable answers to Regulatory questions, with support from line manager.
• Be an active member of Sosei Heptares groups:
o Project teams, providing accurate cost and timelines for CMC activities;
o Preclinical development group to ensure appropriate quantity and quality compound supplies are available to support toxicology and drug product activities.
• Work closely with and get expert input from scientists within HTL, consultants and specialist vendors to meet the company’s objectives.
Core Skills required:
The successful candidate is expected to have:
• Minimum of BSc in synthetic organic chemistry (or related discipline) with at least 5 years’ experience in drug substance CMC.
o Understanding of requirements for safe scale-up of chemical processes.
• In depth understanding of relevant GMP requirements for manufacture of drug substance for use in clinical trials
• In depth understanding of relevant regulatory requirements for manufacture of drug substance for use in clinical trials.
• An excellent project manager with ability to multitask (managing multiple projects at a time, with ability to prioritise)
• A good team player, able to communicate clearly and influence others to fulfil the role
• An expert in their core discipline and able to solicit input from other experts in order to lead and manage projects at Sosei Heptares.
• Ensure all communications are professional and courteous, reflecting, at all times, the image of the company.
• To maintain an active interest in the Company and its objectives.
• The post-holder will be responsible for adhering to all health and safety guidance, provided by the company.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate proof of the right to work in the United Kingdom.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Sosei Heptares is an equal opportunities employer.
Applications should include a covering letter and curriculum vitae. Please apply for this post via our on-line recruitment portal https://soseiheptares.com/global-jobs-portal. Please attach your application in pdf format, quoting reference number 2020/2D. The closing date for applications is 26th June 2020.
Strictly no agencies.