Working for a highly entrepreneurial, revolutionary and exciting organisation based in Cambridge within a multidisciplinary team of experienced Scientists from within surface chemistry, synthetic organic chemistry, synthetic biology and physics.
Key role and person specifics:
• Working with critical surface technology to provide a novel platform for DNA synthesis through strategic design and structuring.
• Working as part of a small and cohesive team of highly qualified Scientists across all specialisms, you will demonstrate a clear and up-to-date working knowledge of: purification techniques, sound practical skill with electrochemistry, microarray printing, NMR, MS, IR, HPLC, XPS, AFM, XPS and fluorescence microscopy.
• PhD or equivalent with significant practical experience in Surface Chemistry - industry experience is essential. This will ideally be from a biosensor or organic electronics background.
• Exercising strong H&S and COSHH awareness and appreciation of GLP protocols.
• You will demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills and be comfortable working in a flexible and collaborative environment.
• You will display a willingness to expand your knowledge and develop your skills-base though continuous improvement and progression – by interrogating other engineering and scientific disciplines.
• Background working in a clean-room environment.
Does this describe you and your professional background?
Are you keen to get involved in a growing organisation where you’ll have autonomy and responsibility?
Do you want to work with disruptive technology in the field of manufacturing of critical surface technology?
Please apply now by attaching a copy of your CV in Word, and we will reach out for an informal conversation and to fill you in on this exciting opportunity!
Please send your CV in Word to Bec Johnston: firstname.lastname@example.org / 01223 607858