Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL) is a leading edge science consultancy offering research, analysis, training and consultancy to our clients globally, primarily blue chip food and pharmaceutical companies. We do with passion, integrity and service to exceed expectations and deliver enhanced value to our clients.
Not only that but we’re supporting our parent company – Mondelēz International – where we operate as the Reading Science Centre. That means we’re both agile and autonomous whilst enjoying the development and growth of being connected to the biggest snacking company in the world.
Purpose of the role
Reading Science Centre is the Global Science Centre for Mondelez International. In addition to providing research and scientific services to its parent company it also provides a range of scientific services to other companies operating in the food and pharmaceutical industries.
RSSL UK sales is $30MM, rising c5-10% pa. and employs over 330 people.
As the Sterile Manufacturing Commercial lead you will be responsible for ensuring RSSL maximises sales, reputation and customer experience in the field of Sterile Manufacturing.
This role is unique as it involves a combination of business development and the development of strategic marketing plans
In this ‘hands on’ role, the Sterile Manufacturing Commercial Lead is the key interface between Commercial, Operations and the Customer. The role will manage sales performance in Sterile Manufacturing sector driving RSSL’s analytical and training business as well as the development our consultancy and new service offering.
The role reports to the Commercial Lead.
- Managing specialty vision and purpose to meet RSSL growth targets by setting and hitting, annual sales targets and supporting forecast requests. Ensure our service offering and the commercial connection between RSSL and the client is customer/country centric.
- Analyses, innovate and creates a plan for engaging the target market, identify, prioritise and lead sales growth through external events, client contact activity, create - clients relationship and partnership programming.
- Manage major proposals, identify potential client's, track, build relationships and close sales opportunities.
- Act as the central point of contact (the team’s lead) for the Sterile Manufacturing strategic team made up of 3 scientific specialists and marketing representation.
- Create, review, adapt and pivot demand lead marketing plan, revenues stream reviews, working with marketing to share resource.
- Plan, action & review a 5, 3, 1 year strategy plans for your speciality section covering : Marketing Budget/ROI, Five year strategic planning, 18 month tactical planning cycle with tertial reviews, working closely with marketing creating automate workflows in our CRM.
- Horizon Scanning 1year, 3 years, 5 years, searching for new service offerings that complement our current service offering and determine potential size of market and timings. In conjunction to developing our external clients innovation funnel and seeking approval for funding.
- Actively engage in professional industry bodies. Network and present back findings to Commercial lead, Technical and leadership team. Identify new seminars/events where our technical experts can present.
Candidate requirement (required):
- Intermediate level for MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Proven communication and negotiation skills.
- Solid analytical skills with the ability to create reports and conduct performance analyses that support the delivery of business SLAs.
- Proven record of strong project management skills including ability to successfully build and finish discrete projects within pre-agreed parameters. Ability to maintain calmness whilst multi-tasking with several stakeholders and re-prioritise in changing environments.
- Good communication and presentation skills with ability to adapt personal style to colleague's preferences and translate the departmental impacts to all levels of the business.
- Process Management – ensure all activities (both directly and indirectly) are delivered in-line with MDLZ policies and practices and actively promote good practice.
- Informing– keeps stakeholders and key partners updated.
- Peer Relationships - Collaborative style with ability to build partnerships both internally and externally, quickly finding common ground and solve problems for the good of all.
- Direct Client experience.
- Fluent in English.
- Educated to degree or professional qualification standard within pharmaceutical Industry with GMP understanding.
- Hands on experience with CRM and laboratory reporting tools.
- Considerable experience in a Business Development and/or Marketing position.
- Project Management experience.
- Understanding and working to Client legal contracts.
- We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.
Please follow the link to submit your application.