At Mogrify, you’ll be joining a passionate and innovative team of world experts whose mission is to transform the future development of cell therapies, as well as pioneer an entirely new class of in vivo reprogramming therapies using our proprietary suite of platforms to direct cellular conversion (Rackham et al., Nature Genetics, 2016) and the maintenance of cell identity (Kamaraj et al., Cell Systems, 2020). Working in a highly dynamic and collaborative environment, you will help to address the challenges associated with efficacy, safety and scalability in the development and manufacture of new cell therapies, making a difference to your colleagues, collaborators and to the patients we serve.
We believe that success is a journey undertaken by aligned individuals who respect and enjoy each other, an ethos that since its inception has enabled Mogrify to redefine what is possible for a newly formed biotech. In 2019, we have raised over $20 million USD funding, established a team with unparalleled track records and received recognition from industry peers for our innovation and potential to be transformative in the discovery and development of new
What are we looking for?
We have a unique opportunity to join Mogrify as Strategy & BD Manager based in our Cambridge, UK office as part of our leading Corporate Development team. In this role you will be part of a team driving new project innovations and corporate transactions as well as cross-functionally supporting the R&D, Commercial and Operational functions of the business.
At Mogrify, you will:
• Work with the explorations team to drive new innovative projects internally and under collaboration to feed future pipeline therapeutic development or new market verticals;
• Review scientific and medical literature to support determining Mogrify’s innovation and collaboration strategy;
• Conduct qualitative and quantitative market/industry analysis to advise the choice of new explorations as well as the long-term and short-term strategic direction of the company;
• Identify, reach-out and foster relationships with scientific and commercial key opinion leaders in the cell and gene therapy space;
• Work with the R&D and IP team to support the strategic and commercial development of the Mogrify assets;
• Prepare summary information on the progress of the business development pipeline, expected deal closures,
and risk/opportunity assessments for periodic presentations with senior management;
• Develop, foster and systematically track relationships with top tier external parties (Biotech and Pharma companies) to deliver strategically aligned deals;
• Produce financial modelling to support the Business Development team on deal valuation and negotiation;
• Work closely with the alliance management to assure the continued fostering of key partnerships;
• Prepare summary information on the progress of the program, timeline updates, and risk/opportunity assessments for periodic presentations with senior management;
• Write thought leadership articles within the cell therapy and biotechnology space.
• A degree in the life sciences is required (PhD preferred but not necessary) with a minimum of 3 years working experience in the pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology industry, with direct experience in strategy and/or business development and/or licensing;
• A scientific background in cell & gene therapy is highly desirable; MBA a plus;
• Ability to synthesize market intelligence and generate an appropriate strategy accordingly;
• Highly resourceful team player with the ability to be extremely effective independently;
• Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
• Impeccable communication and interpersonal skills are a must in order to work effectively with key
stakeholders, including both internal senior management and external business partners;
• Well-developed skills for gaining the cooperation of others and brokering communication and harmony among both internal and external networks;
• A high-energy individual who strives on success and who has the persistence to follow problems through to their final resolution; understands all aspects relating to “ownership”.
How will you be rewarded?
We look for great, not good, rewarding hard work with upper quartile remuneration and a highly competitive benefits package including:
• Contributory pension (8%)
• Health and dental insurance
• Share options scheme
• Income protection
• Life assurance
• 25 days’ annual leave (increasing to a maximum of 30 days)
If this sounds like you and you share our core values, and you can also bring something new to our culture, we’d love to share our journey with you. To learn more and apply, please send your CV and a covering letter stating the title of the position you are applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org.