Elpis BioMed, Cambridge Start Up of the year 2018
We are a rapidly growing University of Cambridge spin out aiming to become a defining force in the emerging field of synthetic biology as the leading global supplier of human cells for basic research, drug discovery, and cell therapy.
We have established a unique cellular programming technology that allows for unprecedented levels of speed, consistency and purity to generate mature human cells at scale from pluripotent stem cells.
As a team of individuals, we value science, collaboration, openness, curiosity and creativity. We are united by trust and respect for each other.
Your role in our team
Elpis is looking for a Technical Sales Specialist to join our commercial team! This position reports to the VP of Business Development and works with the Head/Director of Marketing to enable commercial/marketing efforts for Elpis's Stem Cell products. This includes building efficient sales processes, CRM management (30%) and technical sales and customer support for products to exceed revenue targets for the group (70%). This is a full-time office-based role in Cambridge, UK.
Your key responsibilities include:
• Initial responsibility will include to create and deploy efficient sales process workflows to using the CRM system and other tools.
• Working with external CRM vendors Commercial and Marketing teams to implement and analyse effectiveness of these processes.
• Following extensive product training, the technical support specialist will then become a fully integrated member of the commercial team reporting to VP Business Development Europe.
• Technical Support via Live Chat, email and telephone and Order entry, quotations and processing in EU/US.
• Responsible for answering technical support questions directly and updating the customer during the process.
• Responsible for working with the commercial team to support with product information, product availability and processing orders reactively e.g. via telephone, in a timely manner.
• Supporting the Distribution partners with product information, technical support, product availability and pricing.
• Contribute to the development of the ordering, technical support, and complaints processes to ensure Elpis continues to provide an excellent customer experience now and into the future.
• Work with Marketing on Lead Generation, email campaigns, webinars, surveys and other social media sales initiatives on an ad hoc basis.
With essential experience:
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in Biology, Molecular Biology or a related field of study. Minimum of (1-3+) years of industry technical product experience, specifically stem cell or gene editing products.
• Previous experience of sales, in the Life Sciences industry in the tools and reagents areas.
• Ability to quickly understand highly technical concepts and explain them and their benefits intricately to others required.
• Motivation and drive to learn about the stem cell products currently available and in development and the processes involved.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of personality types required.
• Attention to details essential.
• Outstanding listening, verbal and written communication skills required.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required.
• Previous role in either customer services or technical support desirable.
• Experience taking the lead in a commercial team on efficient use of customer relationship management and Lead Generation systems like Odoo, Salesforce, LinkedIn Sales Navigator required.
• Ability to effectively communicate value proposition and technical information to a range of customer and internal audiences required. Experience developing and presenting marketing materials required.
• Flexible and keen to demonstrate initiative.
• The ability to travel throughout Europe and internationally as required.
To support Elpis staff and our culture further, we also offer a competitive salary, highly competitive benefits package including pension contribution scheme as well as health and life insurance.
To be part of our dynamic, growing start-up team and share our vision to build together the leading cell science company, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.