We are a leader in liquid biopsy. Every day we transform the lives of cancer patients and their families through the power of liquid biopsy. Our tests unlock essential genomic information from a simple blood test and allow clinicians to make more informed treatment decisions for their patients.
We are dynamic and innovative, focused on the development of new ground-breaking technologies in a fast-paced and international setting. Our exceptional team of talented and driven individuals work together to combine their energy and expertise in world-class research, product development and commercialization to bring new tests to the patients that need them.
If making a difference is in your DNA and you are ready to join the liquid biopsy revolution, then you could be just the person we are looking for to join our team based in Cambridge, UK!
The Technology and Assay development team are looking to recruit a highly motivated, creative and logical Technology Development Scientist to develop the next wave of methods to detect and monitor ctDNA. This role involves optimising and streamlining our InVision product pipeline while also developing and patenting novel new technologies to detect ctDNA. This position offers the exciting ability to work at the forefront of cancer diagnostics while seeing the entire product development pipeline from concept, prototyping to commercial product.
This role will be working within a dynamic and highly skilled team to invent novel technologies to transform cancer care. This is a lab-based role and is suitable for applicants with several years’ laboratory experience either within industry or who have recently finished their PhD. We would also be interested in early career Post-Doc applicants looking to move into the Biotechnology sector.
This is a full-time, permanent role.
- Work within a multidisciplinary team to help optimise assays for plasma sequencing and help develop enhanced NGS-based methods for ctDNA analysis.
- Develop novel technologies for enhancing Inivata’s product portfolio
- Work with Senior Scientists, perform studies to assess assay sensitivity and specificity
- Work with Automation specialists to automate workflow
- Streamline workflows in both current and future assays
- Work with Product Development team to develop SOPs for novel NGS-based methods and assist in transitioning assays for use in the clinical diagnostic laboratories
- Review literature to develop new concepts to improve ctDNA sequencing.
- A BSc or similar degree in Biology, Genetics, Chemistry or other field related to next generation sequencing or molecular biology
- PhD in Biology, Genetics, Chemistry or other related filed
- A minimum of 3 years’ molecular biology experience or similar
- Experience of nucleic acid extraction, DNA quantification and PCR analysis
- Good understanding of molecular biology techniques
- Working knowledge of next generation sequencing
- Strong record keeping skills for maintaining detailed laboratory notebook records
- Excellent organisational, time management and communication skills
- Strong creative and problem solving abilities
- Knowledge of freedom to operate procedures
- Experience with automation platforms
- Experience with NGS assay development
Our TRANSFORM Values guide all our activities:
Team, Results, Ambitious, Nimble, Solutions, Focused, Openness, Recognize, Make a difference
Inivata Limited is based in Cambridge, UK.
Please be aware that by applying for this role your data will be processed and retained by Inivata in accordance with its data policy. For further details please see our website.
No agencies please.
Closing Date: The closing date for applications is 24th June 2019