The RxCelerate group is an out-sourced drug development platform and is one of the fastest growing companies in the UK. Our client base ranges from virtual biotech companies all the way up to 3 of the top 15 global pharmaceutical giants. We design and deliver complete drug development programs and project management for our clients spanning from an idea up to and including Phase II clinical studies.
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced in vivo scientist to expand our in vivo division. RxCelerate have a growing team of skilled in vivo scientists with expertise in many different clinical disease areas. Our in vivo scientists specialise in working with clients to develop bespoke preclinical animal models that are fit for purpose and that answer the specific research questions of interest. This is an exciting time to join our team as we scale up to support our growing global footprint and client base. Our numerous success stories speak for themselves as we have become the drug developer of choice for many of the UK’s top venture backed biotech start-ups.
This is a hands-on role and the candidate is expected to have some experience in handling and dosing laboratory rodents. This role will provide great variety in the projects undertaken, as part of a supportive and collaborative multidisciplinary team, based at the beautiful Babraham Research Campus. The candidate should be a careful and methodical worker with keen attention to detail. They should also be self-motivated and able to organise themselves effectively, to perform their work to a high standard. Excellent and accurate record keeping with a competent level of computer literacy are essential. They will have strong communication skills and be an exceptional team-worker. The ability to prioritise work within a dynamic and demanding scientific environment to meet challenging deadlines is essential.
• Adhere to Home Office (ASPA) guidance on how to carry out scientific research and testing using animals.
• Be responsible for the daily tasks relating to the in vivo studies assigned to you. Examples include, but are not limited to, dosing and body weight monitoring of animals on study.
• Keep accurate and up-to-date records for all animals assigned to studies you are involved in.
• Assist with monitoring and maintaining RxCelerate’s in-house breeding colonies and ensure that sufficient numbers are available for scheduled studies.
• Hands-on experience of working with animal models of clinical disease.
• Practical competency in regulated procedures including dosing, and blood/tissue sampling.
• Highly organised and self-motivated.
• BSc with practical experience or 2 years relevant experience.
• High ethical standards with experience of applying the 3R’s.
• An active or recently revoked Home Office personal licence.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Strong communication skills, with proven ability to work as part of a team.
• Ability to multitask and work across multiple projects simultaneously.
• Excellent level of computer literacy.
• Ability to work flexibly (out of hours working, including evenings, weekends and public holidays, is required for this post as necessary).
• Experience in breeding and colony management.
• Experience working with non-rodent laboratory animals.
• Surgical experience.
This is a full-time role, which includes weekend working. RxCelerate offers a competitive salary with an annual bonus scheme and company benefit package.
The candidate will be required to travel between sites within Cambridge; therefore a driving licence and access to a car is essential.
When applying for this role, please include a cover letter outlining how you meet the competencies, as described above. Interested applicants should send a cover letter and curriculum vitae in PDF format to email@example.com by Friday 12th July 2019. Informal enquiries can also be directed to this email address. Only applicants based in the UK and EU need apply.