STORM Therapeutics is a University of Cambridge spin-out, translating the ground-breaking work of Professors Tony Kouzarides and Eric Miska in RNA epigenetics into the discovery of first-in-class drugs in oncology and other diseases. It is the leading company currently tackling disease through modulating RNA modifying enzymes and is developing a unique platform to address these enzyme classes, including RNA methyltransferases. Storm has established a pipeline of novel projects, and is looking to take projects to the clinic.
Following the success of our series A extension financing, we are looking to recruit an enthusiastic scientist to work in our cell biology team on translational oncology studies to support our small molecule drug discovery programs. The successful candidate will analyse preclinical and clinical samples to understand mechanism of action of inhibitors of RNA modifying enzymes. S/he will develop and run assays to identify pharmacodynamic biomarkers and to select the most sensitive patient populations. The position is available at the associate scientist or scientist level depending on experience and qualifications.
Storm Therapeutics offers an industry competitive salary and benefits package.
STORM is backed by blue chip investors Cambridge Innovation Capital, Merck Ventures, Pfizer Ventures, Taiho Ventures LLC, IP Group and Seroba Life Sciences who share the founders’ ambitions to build a world-leading company in the field. To date, STORM Therapeutics has raised £30 million of funding. The company occupies modern, well-equipped laboratories on the Babraham Research Campus near Cambridge.
Qualifications and skills required
Essential qualifications and skills include:
• BSc in Biology, Biochemistry or another relevant Biological Science discipline
• Cell and molecular biology laboratory experience
• Experience in working with cellular oncology models and/or preclinical models
• Knowledge of cancer biology
• Candidates should be legally entitled to work in the UK.
Desirable additional skills:
• Experience of working in cancer drug discovery, preferably in an industrial environment
• Experience in tissue culture techniques, Western blotting, Flow cytometry, microscopy, qPCR
• Experience in identification and monitoring of pharmacodynamic and patient-selection biomarkers
• Experience of working with preclinical or clinical tissue samples
• Experience in working with RNA
• Experience in oncology translational research
Competencies and skills:
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English
• Pursuit of the highest standards of scientific excellence
• Excellent organisational skills and a systematic and rigorous approach to work.
• Result orientated and deadline driven
• Ability to work independently and as part a multidisciplinary team
• A positive and flexible approach to often changing situations.
• Passion for drug discovery
Apply to: email@example.com