Metrion Biosciences (‘Metrion’) is a UK-based, ion channel focused Contract Research Organisation (CRO) providing high-quality in vitro preclinical drug discovery and safety profiling services. Formed in 2015, Metrion has since established a loyal and growing global customer base who access our comprehensive suite of drug discovery services; including medicinal chemistry screening support, cardiac safety profiling and custom assays using native tissue and stem cells. Metrion’s vision is to establish the company as the first-choice outsourcing partner for ion channel drug discovery research and cardiac safety services for the worldwide pharmaceutical industry.
Metrion is looking to recruit a Cell Culture Research Associate / Cell Culture Scientist to expand our enthusiastic cell culture team. The role will be based at our Granta Park headquarters (Cambridge, UK) and the successful applicant will be responsible for supporting the functions of the cell culture team.
Duties to include the following:
• Employ careful aseptic technique and follow all tissue culture laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) closely, keeping full and accurate details of procedures.
• Maintain healthy cultures of stable heterologous and immortalized cell lines according to requirements.
• Provide cells for electrophysiological assays on automated and manual patch clamp platforms as specified by the daily plan, liaising closely with staff and communicating any issues and observations to line manager.
• Provide cells for plate-based assays, seeding plates at required density and pretreating cells and preparing plate wells as required by individual cell line protocols.
• Prepare frozen stocks of ‘assay-ready’ cells to facilitate screening on demand.
• Scale-up supplies of cell line vials stored in liquid nitrogen banks, as requested.
• Prepare cell culture reagents as required to support the electrophysiology team.
• Preparation of reagents and solutions for electrophysiological experiments (this requires knowledge of Molarity calculation and pH correction of solutions).
• Operate PCR Mycoplasma sp. screen as requested, and complete written and electronic records.
• Carry out housekeeping duties in cell culture facility.
• Administration duties to include stock inventory, placing of orders in online procurement system, unpacking and booking in deliveries on arrival.
• Organization of service contracts for laboratory equipment.
Essential Skills/ Qualifications:
• BSc/MSc and/or at least three years of relevant laboratory experience.
• Demonstratable lab-based experience in cell culture.
• Excellent use of aseptic technique.
• Experience with following SOPs.
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to record and maintain accurate written records.
• Be able to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing priorities.
• Proactive attitude and positive approach to help the team succeed.
• Experience working in an industrial setting.
• Experience with the culture of primary/native cells.
• There will be a requirement to work some bank holidays which will be compensated.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org