Mission Therapeutics is a drug discovery and development company focused on the inhibition of deubiquitylating (DUB) enzymes for treatment of diseases with high unmet need including rare mitochondrial disorders, cancer, inflammation, and neurodegeneration. The company has established a widely-applicable and proprietary DUB research platform to enable the discovery of first in class drugs.
We are seeking an experienced Contracts Manager to join our team based in Cambridge, reporting to the Chief Business Officer. This is a new role to support the CBO in the areas of contracts management, but with responsibility also in the area of procurement.
The role will focus on managing and developing Mission’s contracting arrangements. This will involve working with Business Development and Finance to ensure contracts are in place for all service users, and that any operational, legal or regulatory changes are reflected in the contracts. The role will require some knowledge of contract law and will be the key interface between internal functions and external stakeholders to help provide end to end contract management.
We anticipate this to be a part-time role (0.6 FTE, which is the equivalent of three days per week) with some flexibility in how the work pattern is structured.
• To understand, manage and maintain Mission’s existing and new contracts which could include vendor contracts, external contractors and consultants and external collaborations ensuring contractual arrangements are always up to date and accurate.
• Monitor delivery of key milestones and ensure payment commitments are met.
• Responsible for drafting and review of contracts and agreements with vendors and consultants, such as MSAs, and identifying any areas where contractual changes are required.
• Collaborating with all sectors of the organisation regarding legal jargon, contract negotiations, terms and conditions, etc.
• Ensuring that all stakeholders understand and adhere to contractual obligations.
• Agreement amendments and ensuring new work plans or Standard Operating Procedures are in line with our usual policies.
• Potential to move into managing contracts for GXP in the future and participate in the governance of GXP.
• To negotiate and document any variations to existing contracts to include annual fee increases, changes to terms of work provided, payments terms.
• Negotiate pricing of goods and services.
• Managing vendor selection based on quality, service and cost.
• Assisting project owners with the resolution of supplier and vendor disputes, ensuring that contracts remain pertinent and are managed effectively.
Key Skills and Experience
• Detailed knowledge of UK contract law and previous contract management experience.
• Ideally you will be a paralegal within pharmaceutical/drug discovery, but could also be a paralegal from outside the industry who is used to doing standard legal
• Previous practical experience of clinical trial agreements could be advantageous but is not essential.
• Ability to organise, plan and manage own workloads in a fast-moving environment.
• Strong commercial awareness.
• Strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Strong analytical skills in order to identify potential cost savings.
• High attention to detail.
• Degree in Law would be an advantage but is not essential.
We offer a competitive salary along with a contributory pension scheme and other excellent benefits.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a fast-growing biotech company. If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com.
In order to comply with UK employment legislation, all applicants for positions at Mission must have the right to work in the UK. In the event that a job offer is made, you will be required to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK before you commence employment with Mission.
All applications received will be managed in accordance with our Job Applicant Privacy Notice available to view on the Careers page of our website.
No agencies, thank you.