Sosei Heptares (the corporate brand of Sosei Group Corporation) is a research-focused biotechnology group, publicly listed in Japan (TSE: 4565) and with sites in Tokyo, London and Cambridge (UK).
Our mission is to make a significant contribution to improving the quality of life and health of people around the world. To achieve this, we will discover, design and develop the most innovative and effective medicines for patients worldwide, through our world-leading patent-protected technology and platform.
Our primary focus is the discovery and early development of new medicines originating from its proprietary G Protein-Coupled Receptor (GPCR)-targeted StaR® technology and Structure-Based Drug Design (SBDD) platform capabilities. The company is advancing a broad and deep pipeline of novel medicines across multiple therapeutic areas, including CNS, immuno-oncology, gastroenterology, inflammation and other rare/specialty indications.
The company has established partnerships with some of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies, including Allergan, AstraZeneca, Daiichi-Sankyo, Genentech (Roche), Novartis, Pfizer and Takeda and additionally with multiple emerging technology companies.
Sosei Heptares has approximately 161 employees based at its new R&D research facility at Granta Park. The size of the company ensures a transparent linkage between all activities from early discovery through to clinical development.
Sosei Heptares is looking to recruit an experienced Discovery Data Manager to support our Research team. The position is an exciting opportunity to work at the interface between Computational Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, Molecular Pharmacology, Translational Sciences, and Platform groups to streamline the GPCR structure-based drug discovery process in an industry-leading biotech company.
The successful candidate will be expected to work independently, and:
• Manage Sosei Heptares Drug Discovery databases and liaise with internal and external Discovery, Translational Sciences and Platform teams to coordinate data curation, annotation and integration.
• Develop and implement tools and workflows to extract, integrate, analyse and visualise chemical, pharmacological, biophysical and ADMET data to support Drug Discovery project decision making.
• Apply advanced Machine Learning and Real Intelligence (RI) to drive Artificial Intelligence (AI) approaches which exploit our broad datasets
The ideal candidate will have the following background:
• Significant experience running a research informatics system using Dotmatics’ software, especially compound registration, inventory, plate management and assay data interpretation;
• Experience with Oracle database systems;
• Skilled in Python programming in a Linux environment to develop novel tools or streamline existing workflows;
• Experience with use of Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN) systems and developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
• A background in chemical or biological sciences;
• Experience of the process of drug discovery in a biotech or pharma company;
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills: You will need to be able to communicate effectively with team members and colleagues across departments having diverse professional backgrounds
The following skills are also desirable:
• Experience with industry standard tools such as Pipeline Pilot, KNIME, RDKit
• Familiarity with general system administration of Linux and Windows systems.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Heptares is an equal opportunities employer.
Applications should include a covering letter, providing a short description of the background to their interest in the role, with curriculum vitae including the names and contact details for two referees. Please apply through our on-line jobs portal (https://soseiheptares.com/careers-2.html) with your application in pdf format, quoting reference number 2020_1CC. The closing date for applications is 28th February 2021.