Artios Pharma is currently recruiting for a Financial Controller. This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class research team in a dynamic Biotech company based near Cambridge, UK.
Artios is focused on identifying and developing cancer treatments by exploiting novel targets within the DNA damage response (DDR), a scientific area of high expectation following the success of PARP inhibitors in the clinic. The company is actively working on an exciting portfolio of unique DNA repair projects.
Outline of the role
The Financial Controller will have responsibility for producing the financial information for the Head of Finance and CFO. This role will report to the Head of Finance and provide managerial support for a small Finance team. Your primary responsibilities will be to:
• Ensure the prompt preparation of entity profit and loss, cashflow and balance sheet statements on a quarterly basis with variance analysis.
• Execute monthly accounting close procedures and lead close schedule meetings. Prepare monthly management accounts (single entity and consolidated (US sub)).
• Evaluate financial activities to determine appropriate IFRS accounting treatment and adherence to internal policies and controls, as well as ensure accuracy and
compliance with all accounting regulations, preferably with experience of public company accounting.
• Supervise preparation of journal entries and reconciliation of general ledger accounts, oversee recording of assets, liabilities and other financial transactions and
resolve accounting discrepancies.
• Document, assess and maintain internal control and risk assessment procedures.
• Prepare the interim and annual reports/financial statements and manage the day-to-day relationship with the external auditor.
• Help to prepare tax returns and liaise with tax advisors.
• Account for collaborations, share based payments and have experience of working with compound instruments (Preference Shares).
• Interact and prepare reports for a public company Audit Committee.
Qualifications and Experience
• ACCA/ACA Qualified
• At least 2-3 years post qualification with up-to-date IFRS Technical knowledge.
• Life Sciences, Biotech experience preferred.
• Useful but not essential, experience of SEC reporting, SOX compliance
Key Skills and Abilities
• Experience working with SAGE200.
• High level of IT literacy.
• Excellent organisation and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise and multi-task.
• Strong communication, influencing and interpersonal skills.
In order to comply with UK employment law, all applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK, if invited to interview, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the UK.
No agencies, thank you
This is a permanent role offering an attractive salary & benefits package, if you have the right background, then please apply by sending your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org