Sosei Heptares is an international biopharmaceutical group focused on the design and development of new medicines originating from its proprietary G Protein-Coupled Receptor (GPCR) targeted StaR® technology and Structure-Based Drug Design (SBDD) platform capabilities. The company is advancing a broad and deep pipeline of partnered and in-house drug candidates in multiple therapeutic areas including neurology, immunology, immuno-oncology, gastroenterology and rare/specialty diseases. Sosei Heptares is a world-leader in engineering of functional, stabilized GPCRs in their natural pharmacological conformations (agonist or antagonist), enabling the determination of 3D structures of GPCR-ligand complexes useful for SBDD.
Sosei Heptares has approximately 145 employees based in the new R&D research facility at Granta Park, Cambridge. The size of the company ensures a transparent linkage between all activities from early discovery through to clinical development.
We are growing our established Medicinal Chemistry team and are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated scientist with strong synthetic organic chemistry skills to contribute to Sosei Heptares’s drug discovery programmes. This one-year fixed term position will be based at our Granta Park facility and is an exciting opportunity to participate in cutting edge drug discovery.
For the right candidate, the role provides an excellent opportunity to work within an industry-leading drug discovery company and to impact drug discovery projects in our unique environment of structurally enabled CPCR drug discovery.
We are seeking candidates whose profile will include:
• A minimum 2.1 degree in Chemistry.
• Relevant experience in a medicinal chemistry environment is desirable but not essential.
• High level knowledge and experience of modern organic synthetic methods.
• A track record of practical delivery and problem solving in a synthesis environment.
• High motivation and enthusiasm to learn new skills and techniques to contribute to the ongoing discover research.
• Pro-activity and responsiveness to challenges, suited to the role of working within the broader medicinal chemistry department.
• High level analytical and problem-solving skills, and ability for lateral thinking.
• Being an effective team player, whilst also being highly self-motivated and able to work effectively independently.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrated capability to operate in a collaborative and entrepreneurial environment.
• Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in written reports, in English.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate proof of the right to work in the United Kingdom.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Sosei Heptares is an equal opportunities employer.
Applications should include a covering letter, providing a short description of the background to their interest in the role, with curriculum vitae including the names and contact details for two referees. Please apply using our on-line recruitment portal: https://cezanneondemand.intervieweb.it/heptares/jobs/oneyear_fixed_term_...
Please send your application in pdf format, quoting reference number 2019/3Chem. The closing date for applications is 31st March 2019.
Strictly no agencies.