Congenica is building on its experience in the rare disease and inherited cancer field to build (or acquire) a clinical decision support platform designed for the somatic cancer analysis market. The intention is to support the customer need to interprate NGS data derived from primary tumours to identify DNA variants that inform therapeutic drug choices. This is a new market for Congenica and there is a need for an experienced, knowledgeable and confident Product Manager to oversee the Company’s entry into this important strategic market.
The Product Manager’s role is to form a bridge between the technical organisation, the market place and Congenica's sales team. The key deliverables for the Product Manager are as follows:
• Provide VOC to guide the design and development of the range of oncology products that meet customer’s needs and are differentiated from the intense competition.
• Develop the product position for the customer and design plans to develop evidence to support the positioning. Work with Clinical and Technical teams to accumulate evidence and then develop marketing collateral to support the sales channel.
• Work with Marketing to build and deliver a communications plan to support the market development.
• Work with the CSO to develop a network of KOLs to support product design and development of a network of credible product advocates.
• Identify new opportunities within Oncology (i.e. geographies, strategic partners, competitive trends, adjacent businesses etc.) and determine their viability to accelerate Congenica’s growth aspirations
• Responsible for building and driving the Oncology innovation portfolio/roadmap, working in close collaboration with the CPO, CSO and CMO
• Develop clear product specifications for how Congenica can serve the Oncology market through evolution of the current Congenica platform and/or the development of new platforms/solutions/services
• Align with the regional commercial leads on the development and deployment of strategies and tactics required to drive market penetration in their respective geographies, partnering with marketing and local product management as necessary
• Work with internal stakeholders & customers to understand product feature gaps including required integrations, missing features, usability enhancements etc.
• Work with customers to understand their priorities & business challenges to determine product features
• Define & prioritize market-driven requirements for product features – including User Story writing
• Work with engineering to schedule requirements into releases and manage product releases
• Communicate product feature priorities & requirements to engineering
• Work with engineering throughout a release to understand technical/architecture decisions & end customer impact
• Work with engineering to review completed features to ensure fit to customer/market requirements
• Specify performance, scalability & other non-functional requirements
• Specify workflows for the product
• Specify User Experience & User Interface requirements as required
• Communicate scope changes & release risk to management
• Manage Alpha/Beta (testing) programs; work with customer support on beta testing
• Prepare/participate in release document creation
• Prepare/manage product documentation
• Manage and communicate Product Releases to all internal and external stakeholders
• Support Sales team in preparation of product presentation
• A successful track record of at least 8+ years in a globally oriented organization, in the Life Sciences/Biotech industry
• Deep clinical domain understanding of Oncology
• Established or growing network of KOLs within Oncology
• Proven track record operating as a Product Manager. (Within Software Industry desirable)
• Scientific post-graduate qualification
• International experience (US, China, EMEA, ROW)
• Track record of delivering through multi-functional project teams.
• Demonstrated ability to translate data into strategic insights
• An intelligent, creative and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication and influencing skills;
• Energetic and enthusiastic, with the drive and determination to manage complex issues and environments;
• Thrives in a dynamic environment where agility and flexibility is critical in delivering against commitments.
To apply please visit https://www.congenica.com/contact-us/#jointheteam