Domainex has a permanent vacancy for a laboratory-based scientist (BSc/MSc) qualified in a biological discipline, with some working experience in protein production or protein crystallography to join our Protein Science Team in a lab-based role. The level of appointment will be commensurate with experience. The Protein Science Team offers our clients a comprehensive range of services including: molecular biology; protein production for biochemical and biophysical assays, and for structural biology, including structural analysis of proteins by X-ray crystallography.
You will have some expertise in molecular biology, recombinant protein expression and purification using E. coli, insect, or mammalian cells or experience of using AKTA chromatography equipment (or similar) for protein purification.
Due to the diverse nature of the projects the team supports you must be equally comfortable to work independently and as part of a team and able to handle working on multiple projects whilst maintaining high quality throughout. If you are a creative thinker and enjoy identifying solutions to solve challenging problems to help progress client projects looking for the next career step we look forward to hearing from you.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
• Implement experimental programmes to express and purify proteins to support assay and structural biology projects, solving any problems that arise, training will be provided as required.
• Undertake protein crystallisation studies, training will be provided as required
• Support routine laboratory operation and maintenance
• Contribute to oral and written reports on research activities to internal and external audiences
• Actively pursue own personal development
• Maintain appropriate awareness of safety procedures, attend required safety training and adhere to laboratory safety rules as defined by the host department
• Ensure that all duties are performed in accordance with organisational standards, policies and procedures
To apply, please sending your CV, quoting reference PS0621, to email@example.com
Closing Date: 30 August 2021, Please Note: This job post will be closed as soon as sufficient applicants have been received