R&D Scientist – Molecular Diagnostics for Early Cancer Diagnosis
Application deadline: 16th August, 2020
Start date: September 2020
Applied Biotech Ltd is a fast-growing biotechnology company developing and manufacturing innovative diagnostic assays. We are looking to establish our R&D team at our Cambridge Science Park facility. The successful candidate will be experienced in driving academic or industrial research projects. We are seeking a highly motivated and dynamic candidate with a passion for translational cancer research. You will work closely with a diverse team to develop and validate solutions. The role will require a driven and efficient approach to meet deadlines within an exciting new project developing an early cancer diagnosis tool.
- Liaise closely with the Principal Investigator, stakeholders, and research staff to progress research programs
- Design and execute experiments, analyse data, and report results
- Keeping up to date with recent advances within the field and contribute to our innovative drive
- Document experimental plans, methodologies, and results in accordance with product development and quality system regulations
- Familiarisation with safety and working practices at facilities that are off premises as well as performing research work at these sites as required.
- Design experiments to validate the performance of microfluidic prototypes
- Immediate reporting of any breaches in EHS to the management
- Maintain a safe and clean lab environment and compliant with standards
- Contribute to the organisational knowledge and co-authoring scientific publications
Education and Experience
- PhD in molecular biology or a related life science field
- Have authored peer-reviewed scientific publications
- Extensive laboratory experience with molecular biology techniques, preferably working with extracellular vesicles, protein and RNA.
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- Can work independently and self-motivated.
- Meticulous and systematic in performing processes and keeping organised records
- Ability to adhere to procedures and a good understanding of quality systems