Role Reference: RS1901
Reporting to: Team Leader or Senior Scientist – Ab Tech
Isogenica is at the forefront of synthetic biology, working to transform the discovery and development of biological drugs using novel synthetic antibody libraries. Working with pharmaceutical industry partners, we are driven by the ultimate goal of helping patients though more affordable medicines and faster access to potentially life changing treatments.
Isogenica is seeking an ambitious Research Scientist to join our growing team.
WHO YOU ARE
Having graduated with a PhD in a Life Sciences or a related subject you are excited about a career in biotech and ready to accelerate your learning in a fast-paced commercial environment.
You are outcomes focused, and able to prioritise your work to meet deadlines. You have good organisational skills and can handle multiple projects simultaneously.
You are an enthusiastic scientist who can work independently but who is also a good team player. You relish a challenge and are thoughtful and proactive in seeking solutions for difficult problems.
You conscientious and vigilant, and this includes working to create a safe and efficient working environment for yourself and your colleagues, and following health and safety guidelines.
Graduates seeking a career in antibody drug discovery can expect a broad and stimulating role, getting hands-on experience supporting internal and partnered discovery campaigns.
Your role will be to carry out selections and screening campaigns on Isogenica’s antibody fragment libraries using phage and CIS Display, in order to exemplify their utility to address difficult targets or create innovative use cases, and identify therapeutic candidates. You prepare and present detailed reports for internal and partnered discovery programmes.
You can independently identify issues, should they arise, and pro-actively suggest or execute troubleshooting or optimization activities.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Perform antibody or scaffold protein selections using CIS Display or phage display.
• Perform general molecular biology work (DNA purification, PCR setup, restriction digests/ligations, E. coli transformation, gel electrophoresis…).
• Run pre-programmed procedures on liquid handling and colony picking robots.
• Sequence analysis, and antibody sequence analysis in particular.
• Analyse protein expression and quality using UV/VIS spectroscopy, SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, size exclusion chromatography, MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry.
• Execute basic antibody binding assays (ELISA, Alphascreen or HTRF).
• Plan and execute analytical flow cytometry (FACS) cell binding experiments.
• Set up and execute cell based assays.
• Document experiments and procedures in laboratory notebooks, analysing experimental data and presenting in internal meetings.
Highly competitive benefits package
Contract type: Full Time
Applications: CV and brief covering letter to: email@example.com
Applicants must have the permanent right to work in the UK.