Mission Therapeutics is an early-stage drug development company targeting the ubiquitin pathway for the treatment of neurodegenerative disease, rare mitochondrial diseases and fibrosis. The Company has built a leading platform for the discovery and development of first-in-class, small molecule drugs that selectively target deubiquitylating enzymes (DUBs) – an emerging drug class that is attracting significant commercial interest in the area of protein homeostasis.
We are looking for a driven, organized and proactive individual to join our Translational Sciences team at our Cambridge, UK based facilities. Mission Therapeutics is ideally situated on the Babraham Research Campus at the heart of Europe’s largest biotechnology cluster.
The primary responsibility of the Senior Scientist is to champion mechanistic understanding of the role of our targets and provide technical guidance for conducting research involving mitochondrial biology.
• Design and perform various biological assays to support our projects
• Advance our understanding of DUB inhibitors’ role in vitro, ex vivo and in vivo mitochondrial function
• Contribute to the introduction or development of new assay technologies
• Translate biology insights into appropriate research assays to link mechanism of action of our molecules to specific patient populations and help guide clinical plans
• Input into the biomarker strategy and clinical protocol
• Degree in biological sciences
• PhD with post-doc (or equivalent) experience
• At least 3 years’ experience developing in vitro assays to measure mitochondrial function and biology across cell types and model key aspects of disease-related cell biology
• Prior experience in delivering data investigating mechanisms and disease-relevant pathways within human translational assays or patient samples
• Previous experience in the principles and techniques of data analysis, interpretation and presentation
• Strong scientific background and demonstrated record of achievement through scientific publications
• Able to work effectively in a matrix environment and deliver in accordance to agreed timelines
• Adhere to safety and other company rules and regulations, maintain lab equipment and reagents when appropriate
• Exceptional communication skills
• Maintain lab notebook, write lab reports, interpret and present data
It is desirable that applicants have:
• Experience in the pharmaceutical industry and the drug development process
• Relevant therapeutic area experience in neuroscience, renal physiology or fibrosis is highly desirable
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic scientist to advance their career at a fast-growing biotech company and to contribute to the development of new class of medicines.
We offer a competitive salary along with a contributory pension scheme and other excellent benefits.
If you would like to apply for the position, please send your CV with a covering letter firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 30th September 2022.
In order to comply with UK employment legislation, all applicants for positions at Mission must have the right to work in the UK. In the event that a job offer is made, you will be required to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK before you commence employment with Mission.
All applications received will be managed in accordance with our Job Applicant Privacy Notice available to view on the Careers page of our website.
No agencies, thank you.