Innovation Competition Calls: https://apply-for-innovation-funding.service.gov.uk/competition/search
Biomedical Catalyst 2021: https://apply-for-innovation-funding.service.gov.uk/competition/922/over...
Deadline 26 August 2021 for early and late stage awards
Smart Grants 2021: https://apply-for-innovation-funding.service.gov.uk/competition/937/over...
Deadline: 25 August 2021
Smart Grants August 2021 to open on 26 August 2021 https://apply-for-innovation-funding.service.gov.uk/competition/963/over... with a deadline on 6 October
UK registered organisations can apply for a share of up to £25 million for game-changing and commercially viable R&D innovation that can significantly impact the UK economy. This funding is from Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation.
Innovation Continuity Loans: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/innovation-loans-what-they-are-and-how-to-apply
To fund late stage project between £25000 and £1.6M, call for application have been extended, information here: https://ukri.innovateuk.org/ICL
Innovate UK Sustainable Innovation Fund
- SBRI: *Organisations* including public sector and businesses too, can apply for a share of up to £10 million, including VAT, to help UK businesses and the public sector recover from COVID-19 in a sustainable manner. https://apply-for-innovation-funding.service.gov.uk/competition/654/overview#summary
- Grant funding: UK registered *businesses* can apply for a share of up to £55 million for new projects focusing on sustainable economic recovery from COVID-19. https://apply-for-innovation-funding.service.gov.uk/competition/651/overview#summary
A useful guide on how Innovate UK asses funding applications: http://images.info.innovateuk.org/Web/InnovateUK/%7B6683a6e6-86e5-42dd-b...
National Physical Laboratory (NPL) Measurement for Recovery (M4R). A programme offering up to 20 days of advice and facility support to help solve analysis or measurement issues that cannot be resolved using standard technologies and techniques. Information about application here.
UK applicants are still eligible for Horizon 2020 funding, more information here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/horizon-2020-what-it-is-and-how-to-apply-for-funding
More information on the next funding streams will be available later.
This competition is for UK micro, small or medium sized enterprises (SMEs) that want to apply to the Eurostars Programme 3, call 1. Please visit the Eureka call for proposals web page. Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation, is investing up to £2.5 million to fund collaborative research and development (CR&D) projects focused on industrial research. Your project must have high market potential and develop at least one of the following: innovative products / technology-based applications / technology-based services
Digital Technology Grants for Business
SMEs based in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough can apply for £2,000 to £10,000 of grant funding to cover up to 80% of their total project costs (excluding VAT).
This fund being now oversubscribed, a waiting list is in place to submit expression of interest. More information here.
Growth Works Support
The Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Combined Authority business growth supports offers a range of support and grants available here. Main financial support covers:
- Capital Growth Grant: £20,000-£150,000 grants, allocated towards capital expense. It is a competition application process, reviewed annualy and for which job creation (minimum 3 jobs created) is an essential criteria
- Equity Investment: £150,000 up to £250,000 to provide working capital to fund growth projects to match 50% of any external investment
- Relocation Grants: for companies relocating in the region,
A summary of various medtech and grant scheme is available on the EAHSN website.