With an expanding small molecule drug discovery portfolio Artios Pharma is recruiting for a biochemistry and screening scientist. This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class research team in a dynamic, small Biotech company based south of Cambridge, UK. Artios is focused on identifying and developing cancer treatments by exploiting novel targets within the DNA damage response (DDR), a scientific area of high expectation following the success of PARP inhibitors in the clinic. The company is actively working on an exciting portfolio of unique DNA repair projects.
Outline of the role
You will join a growing research team within this innovative and expanding company. Your primary responsibility will be providing key biochemical and compound mechanism of action data for Artios’ ongoing drug discovery projects. You will achieve this by applying your detailed knowledge and experience of enzymology and assay development to develop and run biochemical assays for screening small molecules against a variety of DNA repair enzymes. You will also work in multi-disciplinary collaborations with external scientists and leading academics, involving a high level of teamwork.
Qualifications and Experience
• Proven track record of biochemical assay development and mechanistic characterisation, ideally within an industrial setting
• PhD (or BSc with several years’ experience) in biochemistry, enzymology or another relevant life science subject
• Experience of working in an industrial or biotechnology setting is highly desirable
Key Skills and Abilities
• Excellent technical assay development and screening skills
• Experience of mechanistic enzymology and it’s application in drug discovery
• Advanced skills in teamwork and collaboration
• Thorough knowledge of the drug discovery process
• Ability to work independently in an organised and methodical fashion
• High level of IT literacy
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Flexible approach to change
In order to comply with UK employment law, all applicants must have the right to work in the UK, if invited to interview, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the UK.
This is a permanent role offering an attractive salary & benefits package, if you have the right background, then please apply by sending your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org