Hybrid and Stevenage
Full time, Permanent
Salary Package: Highly competitive
A bit about the role:
This new role in LifeArc will involve the formation and management of a new data sciences function within Translational Sciences. This is a key role in the organisation as LifeArc better positions itself to implement its new 3 pillar strategy of Impact with Partners, Translational Challenges and Early Ventures. Data availability and interpretation will be central to all project-based decision making in LifeArc, from project initiation through the later stage milestones such as antibody or small molecule candidate selection. As such, this new role will involve interactions with key stakeholders across the organisation and externally as LifeArc expands its model to one with greater external collaboration.
The role holder will:
• Define a new data sciences strategy for LifeArc.
• Build a suitable team to deliver on the LifeArc data strategy.
• Build fit for purpose solutions to receive, store and integrate complex data sets, including clinical patient data, multi-Omics readouts, structural biology, small
molecule chemistry, antibody reagent and pharmacology data.
• Enable analytics tool to enable better decisions at key milestones.
• With access to high quality data, enable machine learning where appropriate to drive algorithm-based decision outcomes.
• Work closely with the key stakeholders internally and externally to deliver bespoke data solutions that may be required to support individual Translational
• Work closely with IT colleagues to ensure full data connectivity throughout the LifeArc system
• Identify emerging data science trends to enhance inhouse data capabilities.
• Ensure high levels of data quality, governance and integrity in LifeArc’s data, systems and processes, including alignment with FAIR principles.
A bit about you:
• A minimum of BS (or equivalent) in Data Science, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, IT, or an equivalent scientific discipline. A Masters or PhD is
• Deep experience of the application of data sciences to life sciences and drug discovery (Bioinformatics and cheminformatics), preferably within the pharma or
• A strong track record of matrix-based delivery of data solutions supporting project progression and successful outcomes.
• Ideally experience in handling a wide variety of human patient data types to support drug target validation and drug discovery.
• Experience developing both machine learning and algorithms/models using languages such as Python or R.
• Comfortable translating complex data outcomes into easily interpretable outputs or recommendations for upper management review and consideration.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, along with the ability to communicate appropriately and effectively to different audiences, including senior
managers and Board members.
• Excellent organizational skills, with ability to chart a complex internal/external matrix environment and organize/prioritize work efficiently and effectively.
At LifeArc, we work at the cutting edge of Translational Science. We advance research into early-stage drug discovery, we collaborate on assay design and clinical validation, and we offer essential advice and funding support for organisations that develop exciting patient treatments that might one day change the world.
It means we’ve built the kind of culture that can help you translate your own potential into something incredible, too.
Here, we’re driven by our purpose – to put patients at the centre of all we do. It’s about fostering innovation, believing in the power of collaboration, and always acting with integrity. When we get it right, we achieve excellence. We transform promising life science ideas into medical breakthroughs that change patients’ lives.
Join us, and you’ll have the scope to be creative and take measured risks. You’ll be rewarded for your curiosity, for working as one team, and for learning fast. And you’ll have everything you need to be your best every day.
We all have potential. At LifeArc, you’ll discover what you can really do with it.
Our Stevenage site:
Based in the Science innovations Campus, our state-of-the-art laboratories are dedicated to drug discovery projects. Many of scientists in biology, chemistry and biotherapeutics are based in this facility.
What we can offer you:
We offer a generous salary that’s in line with your qualifications and experience. What’s more, you’ll also be able to make the most of a generous defined contribution pension scheme, private health insurance, a flexible benefits scheme, 31 days paid holiday per year, and much to offer in the wellness space plus much more.
Closing Date: 31th May 2022
Apply now - and start translating your potential!
Please note we are actively recruiting, and the closing date may be brought forward if we find the right person for this role.
LifeArc is committed to the principles and practices of equal opportunities and to encouraging the establishment of a diverse workforce. It is our policy to employ individuals on the basis of their suitability for the work to be performed and their potential for development, regardless of age, sex, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion, or belief. This includes creating a culture that fully reflects our commitment to equal opportunities for all.