BiVictriX Therapeutics is an early-stage biotechnology company designing the next generation of highly specific cancer therapeutics based on its proprietary Bi-Cygni approach to drug discovery. We are currently looking for innovative bio-conjugation scientists to our team based at St.Asaph, Wales. Multiple positions are available (dependant upon experience). The roles available are as follows:
• Senior Scientist
• Principal Scientist
Reporting to the company’s operational manager, the candidate, will take day-to-day responsibility for designing, conducting and analysing in-house bioconjugation studies to drive the development of new and existing drug candidates of BiVictriX’s bispecific antibody-drug conjugate pipeline. The candidate will be expected to contribute/drive the overall bioconjugation strategy of the company, including the design and oversight of characterisation studies, bioconjugation solutions to support internal antibody drug conjugate (ADC), PEGylation and other conjugate development programs/methods. The successful candidate would be responsible for proactively contributing/leading (role dependant), molecule design and assisting in candidate selection through having a deep knowledge and experience in the ADC field. Experience in managing or working with contract research organisations and academic collaborators will be advantageous.
The position is lab-based, and the incumbent will have responsibility for the training, supervision and development of junior laboratory biologists, but also driving and guiding the companies bioconjugation strategy.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the effective day-to-day management of the company’s laboratory facilities and equipment, including compliance with all applicable health, safety and environmental regulations.
Several roles are available; from scientist to principal scientist and candidates will be selected and offered roles based on their experience & knowledge within the ADC field as well as personality and fit with the company’s ethos.
• Perform routine laboratory bioconjugation experiments to support internal projects.
• Lead or contribute to (role dependent) the design and development of new & existing ADC drug candidates:
o Help drive the company’s scientific strategy through scientifically guiding antibody, linker and toxin development/design.
• Perform the synthesis and conjugation of small molecules (e.g. cytotoxic drugs, fluorescent labels) and polymers to antibodies and proteins using a range of linker chemistries
• Carry out purification of antibody and protein conjugates by column chromatography (e.g. HIC, SEC, IEX) using automated systems (AKTA) and membrane ultrafiltration (TFF)
• Characterize antibody and protein conjugates using analytical chromatography techniques (HIC, SEC, IEX)
• Perform UV-Vis spectrophotometry
• Experienced in Microfluidics (CE-SDS, iCEF) and LC-MS;
• Contribute to antibody and protein conjugates developability assessments
• Take part in laboratory housekeeping and contribute to maintenance of laboratory equipment.
• Carry out tasks accurately following protocols (SOPs or WI) and in compliance with Health and Safety procedures.
• Perform routine interpretation of analytical results.
• Keep accurate records and document experimental results in electronic laboratory notebooks.
• Prepare presentations and present results at internal meetings and stakeholder meetings.
• Contribute/lead the writing of technical reports.
• Proactively support other laboratory scientists.
Experience & Qualifications
• Minimum of Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Chemistry / Protein Biochemistry or related science discipline
• At least 2 years experience in an industrial environment, or PhD in a relevant discipline
• Knowledge or experience of synthetic organic chemistry, and protein chemistry is essential
• Excellent technical skills
• Ability to plan own work in order to meet the project objectives in a timely fashion