Sosei Heptares (the corporate brand of Sosei Group Corporation) is a research-focused biotechnology group, publicly listed in Japan (TSE: 4565) and with sites in Tokyo, London and Cambridge (UK).
Our mission is to make a significant contribution to improving the quality of life and health of people around the world. To achieve this, we will discover, design and develop the most innovative and effective medicines for patients worldwide, through our world-leading patent-protected StaR® technology and platform.
Our primary focus is the discovery and early development of new medicines originating from our proprietary G Protein-Coupled Receptor (GPCR)-targeted StaR® technology and Structure-Based Drug Design (SBDD) platform capabilities. We are advancing a broad and deep pipeline of novel medicines across multiple therapeutic areas, including CNS, immuno-oncology, gastroenterology, inflammation and other rare/specialty indications.
We have established partnerships with some of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies, including Abbvie, AstraZeneca, Genentech (Roche), Novartis, Pfizer and Takeda; and additionally, with multiple emerging biotechnology companies.
Sosei Heptares has approximately 147 employees based at its new R&D research facility at Granta Park. The size of the company ensures a transparent linkage between all activities from early discovery through to clinical development.
We are currently seeking an experienced Bioinformatician to join the Biomolecular Structure group working on GPCR structure determination to enable drug discovery efforts.
The successful candidate will work independently but in association with other Sosei Heptares functions to:
• Mine databases, publications and other sources of information to help generate disease/protein associations and identify suitable targets for drug discovery
• Assist with the assessment of opportunities for new projects involving novel targets and/or novel drug molecules
• Work with selected academic partners to use informatics data to progress target validation and drug discovery projects
• Examine the effects of sequence variation on the structure and function of proteins
• Analyse the rapidly growing body of data on structure-function relationships within GPCRs
• Maintain and present summaries of informatics analyses in a form suitable for broader use
Our preferred candidate will have the following background:
• Educated to PhD level in Biochemistry or a related Biomedical science, with experience in applying computational and Bioinformatics approaches to Biomedical questions
• Expertise in genetic variation, transcriptomics and fundamentals of cellular regulation
• Experience with the development and application of informatics approaches to analyse databases
• Expertise in R programming and familiarity with other languages (Python, C/C++)
• A solid understanding of protein families, their physiological functions and their regulation by endogenous and exogenous ligands
• Broad knowledge of 3D structures of proteins and ligands
• Experience of working in a drug discovery environment would be an advantage
Applicants must be able to demonstrate proof of the right to work in the United Kingdom.
The successful candidate will be employed by Heptares Therapeutics Ltd, a UK wholly owned subsidiary of Sosei Group Corporation.
We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience, and benefits package including pension and healthcare schemes.
Applications should include a covering letter, providing a short description of the background to their interest in the role, with curriculum vitae including the names and contact details for two referees. Please apply through our on-line jobs portal (https://soseiheptares.com/careers-2.html )with your application in pdf format, quoting reference number 2020-1BMS.
The closing date for applications is 4th September 2020.
Strictly No Agencies