We are a leader in liquid biopsy. Every day we transform the lives of cancer patients and their families through the power of liquid biopsy. Our tests unlock essential genomic information from a simple blood test and allow clinicians to make more informed treatment decisions for their patients.
We are dynamic and innovative, focused on the development of new ground-breaking technologies in a fast-paced and international setting. Our exceptional team of talented and driven individuals work together to combine their energy and expertise in world-class research, product development and commercialization to bring new tests to the patients that need them.
If making a difference is in your DNA and you are ready to join the liquid biopsy revolution, then you could be just the person we are looking for to join our team based in Cambridge, UK!
The R&D Computational Biology group are looking to recruit a highly motivated, creative and logical individual with strong bioinformatics and computational skills. This role will be placed within the newly formed pipeline team which oversees the development and maintenance of the company’s production pipelines. The candidate will work closely with the bioinformatics, software development and system administration teams to develop new pipelines into robust and scalable products. The candidate will have strong communication skills, a delivery focused attitude and the ability to interface with different teams. This position offers the exciting opportunity to work at the frontier of liquid biopsy-based cancer diagnostics, seeking entire product development pipeline from concept, clinical validation, to commercial product. This role will involve applying a deep understanding of HPC to the analysis of NGS cancer genomics variant data and innovative algorithm design.
We expect that applicants will have prior experience in the field of bioinformatics and a solid background in pipeline development and optimisation in relation to NGS analysis; for example, an MSc or PhD degree in a relevant field and/or industry experience.
There is flexibility for the exact profile and experience of the applicant, provided that they can demonstrate qualities in the general area of computational Biology and the motivation to join a rapidly growing company in the field of cancer genomics.
- Develop new and scale existing algorithms and pipelines to production ready, regulatory compliant cancer diagnostics products
- Interface between bioinformatic, software development and system administration teams to prioritise and organise work
- Contribute to quality management of computational biology processes and development of systems that conform to regulatory standards
- PhD in the field of computational biology/bioinformatics, or significant experience in that space.
Requirements: (potentially for tech only applications?)
- Proven track record with HPC in context of biomedical data analysis (essential)
- Experience with implementation and maintenance of NGS data analysis pipelines (essential)
- Full working proficiency in Python and R (essential)
- Full working proficiency in Linux system administration (essential)
- Full working proficiency in relational databases, such as MySQL, PostgreSQL or Oracle (essential)
- Full working proficiency in software versioning systems, eg. git, svn (essential)
- Knowledge of cancer genomics (desired)
- Full working proficiency in a compiled language, preferably C or C++ (desired)
- Experience with algorithm and systems design for parallel computing (desired)
- Experience with Docker (desired)
- Experience with AWS products, including EC2, Batch, S3, Lambda (desired)
- Prior experience with work in a regulated environment, in particular for software and quality assurance, such as ISO 13485, EN 62304, ISO 15189, or other (desired)
Inivata Limited is based in Cambridge, UK.
Please apply using this link: https://cezanneondemand.intervieweb.it/inivata/jobs/bioinformatics_pipel...
No agencies please.
The closing date for applications is 18th September 2019