Cambridge Start Up of the Year 2018
We are a rapidly growing University of Cambridge spin out aiming to become a defining force in the emerging field of synthetic biology as the leading global supplier of human cells for basic research, drug discovery, and cell therapy. We have established a unique cellular programming technology that allows for unprecedented levels of speed, consistency and purity to generate mature human cells at scale from pluripotent stem cells.
As a team of individuals, we value science, collaboration, openness, curiosity and creativity. We are united by trust and respect for each other.
Bit Bio provides a vibrant and dynamic work environment in an exciting, fast-moving time for biology. We work with cutting edge technologies and with our world-leading scientific advisory board. We conduct pioneering work with real-world impact.
We trust our people to make significant contributions early on with opportunities to be involved in projects that are key to the success and growth of our young company. We invest in people, creating opportunities for personal development in an inclusive multi-skilled team with ambitious goals that provide opportunities to learn on the job from each other.
Creativity and open minds are encouraged for everyone to contribute to the success of the company.
Your role in our team:
To support the execution of our ambitious research programmes for generating human cell type diversity by cellular reprogramming, we are looking for motivated and skilled assistant scientists to join our growing science team. You will become a key player in the delivery of strategic research programmes, being involved in the design, execution and reporting of experimental work. This is an opportunity to join one of the best stem cell reprogramming labs and conduct research with a real-world impact.
Your key responsibilities include:
• Working collaboratively with the wider team under supervision of senior scientists
• Design and execution of experiments, analysis and reporting of results.
• Providing technical and scientific expertise to the R&D team by contributing to protocol development and diffusion
• Working with the wider team to create effective organisation of laboratories (equipment, reagents, workflow)
… will join Bit Bio as a keen team player driven by a passion for scientific discovery and cell biology.
… are a motivated experimentalist with scientific rigour and problem-solving attitude.
– A Bachelor or Master’s degree in cell biology, molecular biology or similar, plus at least 1 year of laboratory experience in a R&D team in industry or academic research lab.
– Practical experience of mammalian tissue culture, basic cell phenotyping and molecular biology techniques.
And desired experience:
– With human pluripotent stem cell culture and differentiation
– Genetic modification tools (recombinant viral vectors, CRISPR/Cas)
To support Bit Bio staff and our culture further, we also offer a competitive salary, highly competitive benefits package including pension contribution scheme as well as health and life insurance.
To be part of our dynamic, growing start-up team and share our vision to build together the leading cell coding company, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org