Cambridge Start Up of the Year 2018
Bit Bio is an award-winning spinout from the University of Cambridge. Our breakthrough technology combines synthetic and stem cell biology for the precise, efficient and consistent reprogramming of human cells used in research, drug discovery, and cell therapy. At Bit Bio, we are passionate about engineering human cells that will enable the medicine of the future. To do this we need talented and curious people who want to make an impact on the future of science and therapeutics.
As a team of individuals, we value science, collaboration, openness, curiosity and creativity. We are united by trust and respect for each other.
Your role in our team:
To execute and lead our ambitious research programmes for uncovering core transcription factor programs that define human cell types, we are looking for highly motivated and skilled senior scientists to join our growing team. You will become a key player in the delivery of strategic research projects, involved in their design, the analysis of experimental data and subsequent planning of further scientific development. You will be supervising junior and assistant scientists work towards project completion. This is an opportunity to join one of the best stem cell reprogramming labs and conduct research with a real-world impact.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Delivering multidisciplinary research programmes contributing to the design and analysis of data from experimental projects
• Develop and maintain internal software, including the creation of well documented user-friendly tools
• Working collaboratively with experimental and computational biologists and leading projects including supervision of junior and assistant scientists
• Developing new research ideas with the scientific, business and leadership teams
• Contributing to strategic collaborations with key opinion leaders
• Providing technical and scientific expertise by contributing to proposals, meetings, publications and business development activities
• Disseminating Bit Bio’s vision and research to external scientific and lay audiences
… will join Bit Bio as a keen team player driven by a passion for scientific discovery and cell biology.
… enjoy tackling research challenges through critical thinking, scientific rigour and inventiveness.
… are comfortable working to tight timelines and managing workload and priorities.
Your practical research experience and excellent organisational skills will allow you to work independently, provide leadership on project execution, be productive and output driven whilst building efficient and positive collaborations with the wider team.
With essential experience in…
• A minimum of 3 years of post-doctoral experience in an area relevant to computational biology and genomics, and at least 3 years of experience doing primarily single cell RNA-seq analysis (can include time in PhD), with good knowledge of strengths, weaknesses, and caveats
• Proficiency in R and/or python and relevant packages
• Experience analyzing large datasets, including next-generation sequencing data, with high-performance computing clusters
• Strong biological knowledge and interest, and familiarity with major biological data resources
• Experience with Github and AWS
• Strong computational fundamentals including machine learning, algorithms, statistical methods, and data structures
• Familiarity with gene regulatory networks, mechanisms of gene expression, and developmental biology
• Experience with cell hashing, bulk RNA-seq, microarrays, ChIP-seq, ATAC-seq, and/or other genomic technologies
• Experience in industry
More reasons to join us:
Bit Bio provides a vibrant and dynamic work environment in an exciting, fast-moving time for biology. We work with cutting edge technologies and with our world-leading scientific advisory board. We conduct pioneering work with real-world impact.
We trust our people to make significant contributions early on with opportunities to be involved in projects that are key to the success and growth of our young company. We invest in people, creating opportunities for personal development in an inclusive multi-skilled team with ambitious goals that provide opportunities to learn on the job from each other.
Creativity and open minds are encouraged for everyone to contribute to the success of the company.
To support Bit Bio staff and our culture further, we also offer a competitive salary, highly competitive benefits package including pension contribution scheme as well as health and life insurance.
Location: Babraham Research Park, Cambridge (We prefer the person ultimately to be based at our research centre, but we are flexible with respect to timing. Longer term remote work is possible for an exceptional candidate.)
Type: Full time, permanent
Salary: Competitive / Hours: 40 p/w
To be part of our dynamic, growing start-up team and share our vision to build together the leading cell coding company, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com