BiVictriX Therapeutics is an early-stage biotechnology company designing the next generation of highly specific cancer therapeutics based on its proprietary Bi-Cygni approach to drug
discovery. We are currently looking for innovative cell biologists to join our Biology team based at Alderley Park in the North West. Multiple positions are available (dependant upon
experience). The roles available are as follows:
• Senior Scientist
• Principal Scientist
Reporting to the company’s operational manager, the candidate, will take day-to-day responsibility for designing, conducting and analysing in-house preclinical studies performed to
assess the biological properties of BiVictriX’s bispecific antibody-drug conjugates. The candidate will be expected to contribute actively to the overall biology strategy of the company, including the design and oversight of biological studies performed at contract research organisations and academic collaborators, and ensure efficient planning and coordination of work in conjunction with the team responsible for production of novel test agents. The position is lab-based, and the incumbent will have responsibility for the training and developing junior laboratory biologists. The successful candidate will be responsible for the effective day-to-day management of the company’s laboratory facilities and equipment, including compliance with all applicable health, safety and environmental regulations.
Key Skills, Experience and Qualifications
• Broad experience of cellular and molecular methods for the characterization of anti-tumour agents, including:
o Cytotoxicity assays
o Fluorescence microscopy
o Internalisation assays
• Experience of the development and implementation of novel cell-based assays to assess the
biological functions and mechanism of action of anti-tumour agents.
• Cell culture and cell banking experience, including primary and secondary cell lines.
• Prior experience of the characterisation of biotherapeutics in pre-clinical assays, including PK studies is highly desirable
• Working knowledge of data analysis packages (e.g. Prism, Microsoft Excel),
• Excellent communications skills, both orally and in writing