Following our recent exciting collaborations with both Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, and Novartis, and with an expanding small molecule drug discovery portfolio, Artios Pharma is recruiting for an experienced Cell and Molecular Biologist. This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class research team in a dynamic, small Biotech company based south of Cambridge, UK. Artios is focused on identifying and developing cancer treatments by exploiting novel targets within the DNA damage response (DDR), a scientific area of high expectation following the success of PARP inhibitors in the clinic. The company is actively working on an exciting portfolio of unique DNA repair projects and has recently started strategic collaborations with major pharma companies.
Outline of the role
You will join a growing research team within this innovative and expanding company. You will be working on the identification and validation of novel targets involved in the response to DNA targeted therapeutics. To do this, you will apply a broad range of cellular and molecular biology techniques, such as cell viability assays, CRISPR/Cas9 technologies, knockdown approaches, WB, imaging, flow cytometry.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in multi-disciplinary collaborative networks including a collaboration with a major pharmaceuticals company.
Qualifications and Experience
• PhD or equivalent in a life science subject
• Minimum of three to five years’ experience working in a research environment
• Experience of in vitro pharmacology or drug discovery
• Experience working in an industrial setting
Key Skills and Abilities
• Excellent skills in a broad range of cell and molecular biology techniques including cell culture, viability assays, knockdown/knockout technologies, Western
blotting, Q-PCR, Imaging, and flow cytometry
• Good understanding of cancer cell biology, in particular as applied to therapeutic approaches
• Ability to work independently in an organised and methodical fashion, as well as part of a team
• Ability to deliver within defined deadlines
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Excellent attention to detail and experimental record keeping
• Flexible approach to change
• Expertise in working with radionuclides
• Expertise in CRISPR/Cas9 technology
• Expertise in DDR biology
• High level of IT literacy
This is a permanent position, offering an attractive salary & benefits package. Appointment will be at Scientist or Senior Scientist l level depending on experience. If you have the right background, then please apply by sending your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com quoting Ref 4207.